Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Well Mother Fucker....

Old 07-08-2005, 02:43 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KnowForever has disabled reputation
Default Well Mother Fucker....

I just got back from a wonderful vacation in pigeon forge w/ my girlfriend and got pulled over in Wythe on 81. Wrote me for 80 in a 65. Of course i was cruising with traffic, probably doing about 80 but i was with 5 or 6 other cars all doing the same speed. Of course this asshole was hiding in the median and singles me out cause i drive a yellow import. County asshole. You know, i could see it if was by myself doing 80 or passing everyone doing 100+ but wtf?? I accidentaly gave him my old registration and he wrote the ticket on that. I dunno if that can make a difference or not. Not really trying to get out of it but i'd like to keep the points off my license, my insurance is bad enough as it is. I dunno what to do. Guess i'll go ahead and lube up cause i'm fucked regardless.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Re: Well Mother Fucker....

You could always fight it in court with profiling... but probably just a waste of time.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:06 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

blend in.....is all i gotta say. and you were on 81, in wythe county. be glad he didnt give you a reckless though. 81 is an automatic reckless driving charge.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII
I just got back from a wonderful vacation in pigeon forge w/ my girlfriend and got pulled over in Wythe on 81. Wrote me for 80 in a 65. Of course i was cruising with traffic, probably doing about 80 but i was with 5 or 6 other cars all doing the same speed. Of course this asshole was hiding in the median and singles me out cause i drive a yellow import. County asshole. You know, i could see it if was by myself doing 80 or passing everyone doing 100+ but wtf?? I accidentaly gave him my old registration and he wrote the ticket on that. I dunno if that can make a difference or not. Not really trying to get out of it but i'd like to keep the points off my license, my insurance is bad enough as it is. I dunno what to do. Guess i'll go ahead and lube up cause i'm fucked regardless.
I feel for you homie
Old 07-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Nonvtec owns you

Hybrid_vtec has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
blend in.....is all i gotta say. and you were on 81, in wythe county. be glad he didnt give you a reckless though. 81 is an automatic reckless driving charge.

I thought 20+ over teh speed limit was reckless driving by speed! Im pretty sure it is, b/c I have had 10 reckless drivings by speed in VA(back in the day). I havent been back in a while, so did they change the law to 15 mph over the limit. I know NC is 15 over for reckless b/c I got one in Gaston right outside of Charlotte.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:07 PM
srt-4s suck

blacksrt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hybrid_vtec
I thought 20+ over teh speed limit was reckless driving by speed! Im pretty sure it is, b/c I have had 10 reckless drivings by speed in VA(back in the day). I havent been back in a while, so did they change the law to 15 mph over the limit. I know NC is 15 over for reckless b/c I got one in Gaston right outside of Charlotte.
+20 over is reckless driving, but if you do over 80 its an automatic reckless driving charge. doesnt matter if its in a 65.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:35 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

But dosnt i-81 have thouse "high way safety" shit all over the place ??
Old 07-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Nonvtec owns you

Hybrid_vtec has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by blacksrt
+20 over is reckless driving, but if you do over 80 its an automatic reckless driving charge. doesnt matter if its in a 65.
Huh, I thought it was anything over 100 was reckless endangerment and becomes either a class 1 misdemeanor of a class 4 felony.

Never knew over 80 was reckless. I have gotten an 85 in a 65 and an 88 in a 65. Both reckless but I thought it was because it was 20+ over teh speed limit.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:09 PM
srt-4s suck

blacksrt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hybrid_vtec
Huh, I thought it was anything over 100 was reckless endangerment and becomes either a class 1 misdemeanor of a class 4 felony.

Never knew over 80 was reckless. I have gotten an 85 in a 65 and an 88 in a 65. Both reckless but I thought it was because it was 20+ over teh speed limit.
i never knew anything over 80 was reckless until a couple of months ago when i was pulled for doing 83 in a 65. the cop was actually cool; he informed me i need to freshen up on my driving knowledge then he let me off with a warning.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
be glad he didnt give you a reckless though. 81 is an automatic reckless driving charge.
That's not true. The officer has the discression to make it wreckless or speeding. There is no "automatic" wreckless for speeding. I know, I got a speeding ticket for 24 over and asked the judge about it, and that's what he told me.

Quick Reply: Well Mother Fucker....