Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Well Mother Fucker....

Old 07-09-2005, 03:29 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Well Mother Fucker....

anything over 80mph in the state of VA is an automatic reckless. the officer can use their discretion if they want to change the ticket or not.

i have had numerous discussions about it with some of my customers (keep in mind that about 10-20 cops come through the shop each week) and good friends i graduated with (perhaps the most cop to graduate ratio ever, 12 became cops out of a class of 120)

i will try to find out which section of code its in later today when the donut eaters are there getting service work done....
Old 07-09-2005, 05:28 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

well, he just wrote it for speeding thank god. and glad i was'nt in a "highway safty zone" that would of been a bitch. Well, i hav'nt been to a DIP class in awhile, guess i might as well go and try to get the points off my license. Doubt driving 2 hours to wythe just to lose a court battle is worth it.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Not So Slow WRX

BoostPSI has disabled reputation

I got a 80 in a 55 and and 72 in a 50, both times i was only charged for speeding. the penalty is still 6 points tho just like a reckless but they are prepayable. its not automatic as said above.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:31 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

Originally Posted by BoostPSI
I got a 80 in a 55 and and 72 in a 50, both times i was only charged for speeding. the penalty is still 6 points tho just like a reckless but they are prepayable. its not automatic as said above.

i thought speeding was 3 points, and wreckless/improper were 6? Also, how many points come off when you take a DIP class? 2 of my 3 tickets came off in april so i'm hoping that this ticket is only 3 points and i can get those removed by taking the class. Insurance is a pain in the ass on this car and i don't need it going up anymore.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I think its 2 points? I am not sure, but I took that damn class twice :\
Old 07-09-2005, 03:58 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

Originally Posted by GaRn

now this raises further questions cause i thought you could only take the class once a year? lol
Old 07-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

I got pulled over in franklin going with traffic, for doing 76 in a 55. But the cop actually pulled all of traffic over. Like 5 of us got reckless tickets and I was driving an old dodge shadow.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
5 points, But only if it's vol. if it's court ordered, or the law requires you to take it no points come off.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:08 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chris4130
5 points, But only if it's vol. if it's court ordered, or the law requires you to take it no points come off.
damn thats pretty good, 5 point, whoa.. both of mine were court ordered, unfortunately.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:14 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

Ok, so what we're saying here is that if i take the class it'll remove 5 points from my license? Then how many points is a speeding ticket, i'm pretty sure it's 3 but could someone clarify?