Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Were you chased by a state man on Hardy rd on Friday?

Old 03-27-2006, 05:38 PM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy
Default Re: Were you chased by a state man on Hardy rd on Friday?

Originally Posted by LLama
IMO... cops should spend less time worrying about who's going 10mph over the speed limit and go after people actually posing a risk to society.

and why did the speed limit go to 45mph from right before troutville on 460 all the way to the 35 zone on orange ave?
So what you are saying is that someone that is doing 45 MPH over the speed limit is not posing a risk to society?
Old 03-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonka Toy
So what you are saying is that someone that is doing 45 MPH over the speed limit is not posing a risk to society?
I clearly stated 10mph geared towards lower speeds and not the one mentioned above.

Comprehension... comprehension...

Last edited by LLama; 03-27-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Madison Motorsports

96gsr will become famous soon enough

No, I'm not an officer. I'm just familiar with the proper way to drive. Keep enough distance between you and other vehicles, ESPECIALLY police, that if they came to a dead stop in the road you could stop too without locking your brakes up. If she had to lock them up and leave marks she was obviously following too close, regardless of what the cop did.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:11 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO... cops should spend less time worrying about who's going 10mph over the speed limit and go after people actually posing a risk to society.

and why did the speed limit go to 45mph from right before troutville on 460 all the way to the 35 zone on orange ave?
yeah, that 45mph zone is taking a while for me to get use to. i'm still catching myself doing 60 through there. i guess b/c of all the traffic from lowes and wal-mart there. the cops have really been hard on that area.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

The speed limit turns to 65 on the western side of lynchburg at 7-11 in new london.... I think it should be 65 all the way from orange ave to there also.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:27 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

The speed limit turns to 65 on the western side of lynchburg at 7-11 in new london.... I think it should be 65 all the way from orange ave to there also.
agreed.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 96gsr
No, I'm not an officer. I'm just familiar with the proper way to drive. Keep enough distance between you and other vehicles, ESPECIALLY police, that if they came to a dead stop in the road you could stop too without locking your brakes up. If she had to lock them up and leave marks she was obviously following too close, regardless of what the cop did.
No, maybe she just freaked out and stomped on the pedal, regardless of how far back she was. You can't judge the situation, you weren't there! If I saw a cop car whip around almost 180 degrees just after a car went flying by I would probably automatically slam my foot on the brakes pretty dang hard too..

About the 45 mph zone, it is hard to get used to, and I am sure cops are lovin that, but it really doesn't bother me b/c the distance is so short and it wouldn't make but 10 seconds difference in time anyways. I just have a hard time going that slow since it has always been 55..
Old 03-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Madison Motorsports

Originally Posted by GaRn
No, maybe she just freaked out and stomped on the pedal, regardless of how far back she was. You can't judge the situation, you weren't there! If I saw a cop car whip around almost 180 degrees just after a car went flying by I would probably automatically slam my foot on the brakes pretty dang hard too..
Likewise, what gives you the right to assume that she wasn't tailgating? You weren't there either. And yes, it is natural to slam on the brakes, but that doesn't mean you have to pound them and lock them up. As the first post said, when the cop had finished his rotation he was *inches* from her bumper....now the cop car isn't going to magically fly backwards of his momentum into her car, so the most logical explanation is that she was following too close.

Whether this is the truth or not, I can't say, and neigther can you. I'm givng my interpretation of the event, just like you did. We simply have differing ideas of what could have happened.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 96gsr
Likewise, what gives you the right to assume that she wasn't tailgating? You weren't there either. And yes, it is natural to slam on the brakes, but that doesn't mean you have to pound them and lock them up. As the first post said, when the cop had finished his rotation he was *inches* from her bumper....now the cop car isn't going to magically fly backwards of his momentum into her car, so the most logical explanation is that she was following too close.

Whether this is the truth or not, I can't say, and neigther can you. I'm givng my interpretation of the event, just like you did. We simply have differing ideas of what could have happened.
The difference is I didn't assume and I didn't make judgement, you did. My words like "I doubt" and "Maybe" make a world of difference.

I do think its funny though, and I can't get over this, is how the guy managed to lose control just by swerving to the other lane, lol..
Old 03-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Madison Motorsports

I'll grant you that, I did make a snap judgement and I shouldn't have done that. Although it does still sound like she was following way to close, to end up inches away from him.

Quick Reply: Were you chased by a state man on Hardy rd on Friday?