Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 12-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
how many d-series turbo hondas to you see around? i mean legit builds...i dont know of any off the top of my head. i have a friend that bought a 96 coupe with a built y8 in it, but the bottom end needed to be rebuilt..it spun a bearing. if he would have fixed the built bottom end, it would have made 400-500whp all day long. but instead he threw a stock y8 bottom end on and blew 2 turbos and fried the motor...

i have yet to see a legit SOHC build locally. and if i were going to build a legit honda, it would be a built d15b.

point is, i <3 your hatchy...you've done a great job so far, why stop now?
B/c its too easy... This is the easiest build I've had even w/ a lack of budget...

Even turboed D-series builds are more common than turbo 2.2 builds, even 2.2 ohv builds... I need somethin a little bit more complex...

Dude said he just got an EG but still wants my car... I'm considering askin if he'll let me have the Cavy for my B motor which is worth what he wants for the Cavy... Then I'd have my Civic and a Cavalier... Win/win?
Old 12-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

kidinatype_s has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
B/c its too easy... This is the easiest build I've had even w/ a lack of budget...

Even turboed D-series builds are more common than turbo 2.2 builds, even 2.2 ohv builds... I need somethin a little bit more complex...

Dude said he just got an EG but still wants my car... I'm considering askin if he'll let me have the Cavy for my B motor which is worth what he wants for the Cavy... Then I'd have my Civic and a Cavalier... Win/win?
Damn... NO way!!!!!

1. good luck finding parts
2. it's a freaking cavi
3. is there any type of engine management???
4. does anyone make after market pistons and such????
5. it's a cavi!!!!!

edit: sell the B get s300, and get you car running right.....You will be a lot happier with the car

Last edited by kidinatype_s; 12-25-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by kidinatype_s
Damn... NO way!!!!!

1. good luck finding parts
2. it's a freaking cavi
3. is there any type of engine management???
4. does anyone make after market pistons and such????
5. it's a cavi!!!!!

edit: sell the B get s300, and get you car running right.....You will be a lot happier with the car
Finding parts isn't an issue...

Being a Cavy, it'd be a different build... Hondas are easy...

As far as an EMS I was researching that before you posted and still am... Apparently you CAN tune the ECU but I'm not finding an applicaple program... I already know how to fix the fuel issue to keep the engine from leaning out on boost from doin research on boosting my s10 (same LN2 motor as a OHV Cavy)... And it has a return style fuel system which means I could run my FMU in the meantime till I get tuned...

Eagle (along w/ some other companies) makes rods/pistons and I've found cams even for the 8 valve OHV LN2 engines...

But like I was sayin, I could ask dude if he wants to trade his car for my engine...

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 12-25-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Finding parts isn't an issue...

Being a Cavy, it'd be a different build... Hondas are easy...

As far as an EMS I was researching that before you posted and still am... Apparently you CAN tune the ECU but I'm not finding an applicaple program... I already know how to fix the fuel issue to keep the engine from leaning out on boost from doin research on boosting my s10 (same LN2 motor as a OHV Cavy)... And it has a return style fuel system which means I could run my FMU in the meantime till I get tuned...

Eagle (along w/ some other companies) makes rods/pistons and I've found cams even for the 8 valve OHV LN2 engines...

But like I was sayin, I could ask dude if he wants to trade his car for my engine...
well, whatever floats your boat...lol Just saying I had a cavi and when there is after market things they are not well made or perform well..... just my .02....but EMS is the most important, and cavi motors Honda...
Old 12-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Zerofucksgiven

well, whatever floats your boat...lol Just saying I had a cavi and when there is after market things they are not well made or perform well..... just my .02....but EMS is the most important, and cavi motors Honda...
I know this... I wonder how hard it'd be to swap a HOMOCO motor into a Cavy? But maybe I'm just biting off more than I can chew there...

Ugh, why do I have to have such a limited budget and want to build everything?

I got money for xmas so, I'm eyeballing front PwdJDM lips, duckbills, new ze512 (185/60/14)tires and hawk brake pads
Old 12-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

I know this... I wonder how hard it'd be to swap a HOMOCO motor into a Cavy? But maybe I'm just biting off more than I can chew there...

Ugh, why do I have to have such a limited budget and want to build everything?

I got money for xmas so, I'm eyeballing front PwdJDM lips, duckbills, new ze512 (185/60/14)tires and hawk brake pads
Nice I am about to start ordering stuff for my money pit soon too, now that work is finally picking up!!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Nice I am about to start ordering stuff for my money pit soon too, now that work is finally picking up!!!!
Start? Dude you're always ordering shit... You remind me of myself when I had my s10... I ordered something atleast once a month... When I didn't have a kid and other bills I ordered somethin almost every paycheck...
Old 12-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Registered Member

Start? Dude you're always ordering shit... You remind me of myself when I had my s10... I ordered something atleast once a month... When I didn't have a kid and other bills I ordered somethin almost every paycheck...
LOL.....
Old 12-27-2009, 10:08 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

so howa bout that Junction SPO? doug are you really going to the 757 meet?
Old 12-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
so howa bout that Junction SPO? doug are you really going to the 757 meet?
Yes. Anyone down to go w/ me for lullz?

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic