Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 12-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
I hear bad stuff about Crome...
Like what? From anyone that actually has a decent amount of experience with it?

I haven't messed with that stuff for a couple/few years now, but it was great at the time and I don't see it being worse now..

Head over to forum.pgmfi.org and read around to check things out
Old 12-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by BBYEvo8
Your car is low enuff son
Not nearly... The frame on my s10 STATIC was lower than my Civic...
Old 12-30-2009, 09:15 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by GaRn
Why dont you run a 3" cutout that dumps straight down off of the downpipe, then keep your stock exhaust or semi-quiet exhaust back from that... If not, 2.5" should be good for ~300 whp without you losing much compared to a 3"
this is a really good idea..its how ryan's nx2000 is setup. no power with the cutout closed, lottttts of power when its open.

Originally Posted by GaRn
ETA: Why not go crome for tuning? S300 may have an advantage (what I don't know), but for your setup I don't think there will be a difference. It's not like you have 800cc's and a 3bar or anything, lol. Chip programmer for $50 if you want to go as cheap/simple as possible, plenty of free dataloggers out there too..
We talked about some tuning options with Casey yesterday, and he said he would kick doug in the head if he went with chrome or uberdata lolol

Last edited by The Nisbro; 12-30-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
We talked about some tuning options with Casey yesterday, and he said he would kick doug in the head if he went with chrome or uberdata lolol
True story... We did just get done talkin bout this yesterday... The people that know their shit throw out Hondata over Crome 10 - 1... All I see when people start talkin about Crome is idiots building rice boxes that don't know about shit... For instance, MikeSteveKyle...

Did you get my txt about those mags? Come get these janks
Old 12-30-2009, 09:29 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
True story... We did just get done talkin bout this yesterday... The people that know their shit throw out Hondata over Crome 10 - 1... All I see when people start talkin about Crome is idiots building rice boxes that don't know about shit... For instance, MikeSteveKyle...

Did you get my txt about those mags? Come get these janks
i dont need a bunch of car mags....but ill prob come get them anyways lolol
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

the cold just flat out sucked! we could've done it A LOT faster on an 80 degree day.

i got in front of a sick white eg hatch with work equip knockoffs when i pulled out of your neighborhood. at first i thought it was chad, but it didnt look like him driving...
Probably would have gone quicker if you didn't spend 20 minutes trying to find an inverted torx bit to remove the clutch haha.

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Most likely it did. However, they still owe me a run. A run where they said they'd race me while they were in reverse with the e-brake on. I'm still waiting. I'm getting bored, its been like 8 months. lol Kids
I say screw racing, drink beer...lets do it, now.

Chrome sucks, and Gooberdata is worse. If your going to do it, do it right. Get Hondata. I refuse to touch anything that is tuned on either of them.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:37 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Thats an S10 dude..You dont wanna go to low look at the axles on cars that are toooo low and if you go tooo low you wont beable to handle turns and etc..They way my civic was is the lowest i would go
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Originally Posted by BBYEvo8
Thats an S10 dude..You dont wanna go to low look at the axles on cars that are toooo low and if you go tooo low you wont beable to handle turns and etc..They way my civic was is the lowest i would go
i couldnt make it out of doug's driveway without scraping my exhaust, im not sure how he will make it out of his own driveway if he goes any lower AND puts a real exhaust on.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch K20_hisatch

Neptune seems like a good option for tuning, people say its on par with hondata, but in truth you could probably find a used s300 for cheaper than a new neptune rtp. Either one of these would be more than suitable for your setup. The only cutout I would ever run would be one of the ones from speedwaymotors, its not like the QTP one, I can't see how this one could leak but its also like 600 dollars, and its not like theres a ton of room to run it. heres a link.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Electr...outs,4613.html
Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by K20_hisatch
Neptune seems like a good option for tuning, people say its on par with hondata, but in truth you could probably find a used s300 for cheaper than a new neptune rtp. Either one of these would be more than suitable for your setup. The only cutout I would ever run would be one of the ones from speedwaymotors, its not like the QTP one, I can't see how this one could leak but its also like 600 dollars, and its not like theres a ton of room to run it. heres a link.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Electr...outs,4613.html
I'm not familliar with Neptune, however I have seen cars put down numbers on it that are comparible to Hondata, they do have a lot of the same tables/features from what i've heard...You know me and Darell though, if it's not Hondata, it's garbage lol

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic