Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 12-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Slappin Curtis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
I KNOW...WTF?! i know of 1 other local one thats actually built, but i havent seen him around in a while. and i have NEVER seen that boosted one that was in your neighborhood yesterday...i want to go talk to that guy.

LOLOL i completely forgot about that..."he doug, there's your caviqueer" *guy sees us staring and floors it* "OH SHIT IT WAS BOOSTED?!!!?"
That thing was DOPE! Dual exaust, wing, graphics, and a OG driver. It was like he knew who we were, and decided to show us just what a boosted cavalier could do. lol
Old 12-30-2009, 01:33 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by bluesrt2004
That thing was DOPE! Dual exaust, wing, graphics, and a OG driver. It was like he knew who we were, and decided to show us just what a boosted cavalier could do. lol
truth
Old 12-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

kidinatype_s has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by K20_hisatch
Neptune seems like a good option for tuning, people say its on par with hondata, but in truth you could probably find a used s300 for cheaper than a new neptune rtp. Either one of these would be more than suitable for your setup. The only cutout I would ever run would be one of the ones from speedwaymotors, its not like the QTP one, I can't see how this one could leak but its also like 600 dollars, and its not like theres a ton of room to run it. heres a link.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Electr...outs,4613.html
AGREED!!! and all that other crap, as far as I know, has no way to control boost, no safety fetchers.... like boost, and lean cut!!!! yea, you want hondata in your life!!!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

this is a really good idea..its how ryan's nx2000 is setup. no power with the cutout closed, lottttts of power when its open.
Yea it seems to be a pretty popular setup over the past few years.

We talked about some tuning options with Casey yesterday, and he said he would kick doug in the head if he went with chrome or uberdata lolol
Not sure why, I ran my turbo H23 on it and had to create fuel/timing maps from scratch (no basemaps existed) and it did perfectly well, even having closed loop entirely disabled. It idled well and was dead on at 11.5:1 AFR full throttle every time I datalogged it.

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
True story... We did just get done talkin bout this yesterday... The people that know their shit throw out Hondata over Crome 10 - 1... All I see when people start talkin about Crome is idiots building rice boxes that don't know about shit... For instance, MikeSteveKyle...

Did you get my txt about those mags? Come get these janks
Things must have surely changed since I was mucking around with stuff, the community was full of some pretty intelligent people. No-one has really considered uberdata as a valid option since at-least 2004, the last release was around 2003 I think.

But then again, I've seen this spread of rumor before with openecu, which does pretty much exactly what cobb/etc. software does, but is free and community developed. I used it with great success too. Some of the tuners, probably in their own self interest, bash it.

I say give it a shot, tuning is pretty damn easy with good datalogging. Just simple calculations and adjustments. No reason to pay someone to do it really, and if you don't like crome for whatever reason, you aren't really out anything..

ETA: Crome, for about as long as I can remember using it, has had boost cut. Not sure if it had/has a lean cut feature or not though.

Last edited by GaRn; 12-30-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by bluesrt2004
Urite... He looked over his shoulder and then jumped on the throttle, then lullz ensued... Need to go drive my car to get my clutch broke in and go find that little ricebox to see what its got... ^_^
Old 12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

kidinatype_s has disabled reputation

Urite... He looked over his shoulder and then jumped on the throttle, then lullz ensued... Need to go drive my car to get my clutch broke in and go find that little ricebox to see what its got... ^_^
hahaha... vids???? please lol

Last edited by kidinatype_s; 12-30-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by kidinatype_s
hahaha... vids???? please lol
Lol no... But it was a red Cavalier, spotted downtown, cheap wheels and a body kit w/ and a huge wing...

Now that I think about it, we saw a lot of rice happen yesterday... You guys remember the red Eclipse that pulled the uber rice move comin back to my house?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:42 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Lol no... But it was a red Cavalier, spotted downtown, cheap wheels and a body kit w/ and a huge wing...

Now that I think about it, we saw a lot of rice happen yesterday... You guys remember the red Eclipse that pulled the uber rice move comin back to my house?
chirped tires and everything!. also that silver eclipse that drive by your house like 8 times and stared at us every time.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Zerofucksgiven

chirped tires and everything!. also that silver eclipse that drive by your house like 8 times and stared at us every time.
Yea, Brandon... Hes a kid... Hes like 16... I keep tryin to learn him in the ways of how to not be rice... I'm bout to burn his neons, NX floor mats and seat covers... I dogged him for installin a tach in a car w/ a factory tach...
Old 12-30-2009, 06:34 PM
ERMAHGERD

kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss

i want something like this (one piece exalta headlights, stillen front lip, i'd use a different grill though)

but more like this (same car quick photoshop, i <3 OEM vivid teal)
ohhh. do the front of the car in the teal.
that looks reaaaal good!

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic