Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 05-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Sherie,since you're talking about not selling your car that you love,convince me to not sell my bike and coupe
I've pretty much convinced myself to sell both(and all my turbo stuff)to fund a couple other projects.I've been thinking about it for a while,but I'm actually gonna do it now.It kind of makes me sad the thought of not having a street bike,and never finishing my 9 second car.But on the other hand,I could care less about drag racing and bikes any more too.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Sherie,since you're talking about not selling your car that you love,convince me to not sell my bike and coupe
I've pretty much convinced myself to sell both(and all my turbo stuff)to fund a couple other projects.I've been thinking about it for a while,but I'm actually gonna do it now.It kind of makes me sad the thought of not having a street bike,and never finishing my 9 second car.But on the other hand,I could care less about drag racing and bikes any more too.
Ok... this was the conclusion I came to... I am only young once and I am going to enjoy it while I can. I have my entire life to be old and boring. Besides... I have A LOT invested in that car and I love her and I know that no one else will ever take care of her like I do. I think I would physically get sick if I saw someone else in MY car. Then I saw the look on my boyfriend's face as his little ef hatch was being driven away and all he could say is "Sherie... please don't sell your car. You will really regret it"... and hes right. I love that car more than most people loved their kids and I just decided it would be wrong to get rid of something that makes me happy. Besides, no matter who bought her... she would ALWAYS be my car. Personally I think you should think long and hard before you sell.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by DSMSherie
Ok... this was the conclusion I came to... I am only young once and I am going to enjoy it while I can. I have my entire life to be old and boring. Besides... I have A LOT invested in that car and I love her and I know that no one else will ever take care of her like I do. I think I would physically get sick if I saw someone else in MY car. Then I saw the look on my boyfriend's face as his little ef hatch was being driven away and all he could say is "Sherie... please don't sell your car. You will really regret it"... and hes right. I love that car more than most people loved their kids and I just decided it would be wrong to get rid of something that makes me happy. Besides, no matter who bought her... she would ALWAYS be my car. Personally I think you should think long and hard before you sell.
I've really thought about that.I blew the engine in the coupe three years ago,and it's sit in the shop since.I've acumulated everything to put together a 600+WHP setup.All I need to do is size bearings and order them,and I'm ready to start assembling everything.....But,I just never have the motivation to do it.If I do finish it,what would I do?I may take it to the track once just to say I ran X time,but I have no interest in drag racing at all anymore.It'd only be good on the street if a sportbike wants to go from a roll But that's just asking for people to die and/or get a jailtime ticket.
I've added up what I can get out of selling the car and parts,and it's enough to build the NA engine I want for the roadrace car,and would pay for most of putting an LSx in the M3.Both of those things interest me more right now.
My main reservation is just that I've owned that coupe for over 13 years,I spent almost $8k(totally stupid)having Woodings paint it and now some punk kid will have it on Williamson,washing it with a brillo pad after he bought it for less than half of just what I had in paint costs.....It kind of depresses me.I feel like I'll be the crying,80 year old man telling his grand kids(who couldn't give a shit)how he wishes he still had that one car......Or maybe I'll never think twice about it.

I love my bike too,but I rode it about 200 miles last year,so what's the point in that?
Chris
Old 05-14-2010, 06:09 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

I've really thought about that.I blew the engine in the coupe three years ago,and it's sit in the shop since.I've acumulated everything to put together a 600+WHP setup.All I need to do is size bearings and order them,and I'm ready to start assembling everything.....But,I just never have the motivation to do it.If I do finish it,what would I do?I may take it to the track once just to say I ran X time,but I have no interest in drag racing at all anymore.It'd only be good on the street if a sportbike wants to go from a roll But that's just asking for people to die and/or get a jailtime ticket.
I've added up what I can get out of selling the car and parts,and it's enough to build the NA engine I want for the roadrace car,and would pay for most of putting an LSx in the M3.Both of those things interest me more right now.
My main reservation is just that I've owned that coupe for over 13 years,I spent almost $8k(totally stupid)having Woodings paint it and now some punk kid will have it on Williamson,washing it with a brillo pad after he bought it for less than half of just what I had in paint costs.....It kind of depresses me.I feel like I'll be the crying,80 year old man telling his grand kids(who couldn't give a shit)how he wishes he still had that one car......Or maybe I'll never think twice about it.

I love my bike too,but I rode it about 200 miles last year,so what's the point in that?
Chris
Well at least you are looking at doing another project... I was going to sell mine and not do anything else. You will still have something that you can have fun with and be interested in so thats cool. PM me with prices on the Honda and turbo stuff when you figure out what you wanna do... I do know some people that would put it to good use and not tear the car up.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Mmmm brownies... That'd be awesome if I didn't have to work... I was so close to rocking DSM parts on my car... You can thank Ben for shooting that one down. Oh well, Volvo turbo for me... Its good for 250hp...
Old 05-15-2010, 04:45 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Originally Posted by DSMSherie
What did you get and what are you doing next weekend? I need to get out for a little while!
I got a 95 pontiac grand am gt v6 4dr. for 400.00 and its in good shape lol..Im prob doing nada next weekend
Old 05-15-2010, 10:31 AM
vaginadriven.com

Originally Posted by BBYEvo8
I got a 95 pontiac grand am gt v6 4dr. for 400.00 and its in good shape lol..Im prob doing nada next weekend
I get the DSM back on the road tonight and I'm thinking about heading to the Noke next weekend if you wanna tag along. Think you can keep up? =)
Old 05-15-2010, 10:37 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Chris
Here's my perspective: They're both paid for. What harm are they doing other than taking up space right now? If you don't ride the bike much anymore, pull the tags and insurance off of it and it's literally not costing you anything to keep--just taking up space. Think long and hard about it, and if you still don't want it, get your money back. Same with the car, if it still has plates and insurance. I could understand getting rid of both of them if you were still paying for them, but I know you're not. LSx M3 sounds cool, and I'm all about you doing more on the track, but it does sound like you have some sentimental reservations with the car at least. No rational decisions. I've sold several things I was really attached to and I still regret it.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Here's my perspective: They're both paid for. What harm are they doing other than taking up space right now? If you don't ride the bike much anymore, pull the tags and insurance off of it and it's literally not costing you anything to keep--just taking up space. Think long and hard about it, and if you still don't want it, get your money back. Same with the car, if it still has plates and insurance. I could understand getting rid of both of them if you were still paying for them, but I know you're not. LSx M3 sounds cool, and I'm all about you doing more on the track, but it does sound like you have some sentimental reservations with the car at least. No rational decisions. I've sold several things I was really attached to and I still regret it.
I've been thinking about this for three years now,and I've always said the same thing-that they're not costing me anything.But,at the same time,they're both money sitting there that I could be putting into my other projects.With Earon being out of work,we have no extra money now,and I'm itching to get some things done.
Chris
Old 05-15-2010, 12:38 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I've been thinking about this for three years now,and I've always said the same thing-that they're not costing me anything.But,at the same time,they're both money sitting there that I could be putting into my other projects.With Earon being out of work,we have no extra money now,and I'm itching to get some things done.
Chris
I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do if they total my truck. I'm hoping they give me more than I paid for it, and if they do, I'm going to be at a crossroads. I'd like to buy the nicest vehicle I can get with the money, but I'd also like to do some traveling. Having some unexpected extra money falling in my lap could be a blessing in disguise. Do you and the family take vacations often? Why not start by getting rid of one and taking it from there? I'd be overwhelmed if I sold both of mine at the same time, even though I'd have bundles of cash to blow.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic