Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 10-17-2010, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Western Off Topic

yeah i had to swap out a distributor on my brothers crx and got pulled over in advances parking lot for a bad tag light. what a dick.

now the car runs even worse than before and gives a solid led on the ecu with the 3rd distributor.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by black_krix_si
yeah i had to swap out a distributor on my brothers crx and got pulled over in advances parking lot for a bad tag light. what a dick.

now the car runs even worse than before and gives a solid led on the ecu with the 3rd distributor.
What engine?What code(s)?
Old 10-17-2010, 04:30 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

dpfi 1.5 5spd, its just a fucked up mess. First got the car it wouldnt fire on #1. Found out a ground was missing, fixed that and it fired fine and on all 4. We had noticed the coil pack had a huge crack in it so he got a new distributor from advance. After that the car ran fine, no smoke etc.. Pulled it in the garage and then it started smoking and running like shit a few days later. Removed the interior harness to fix all the burnt and rigged wiring. Put that back car started up fine. Distributor started ticking very loud so we swapped it out last night. Car started, ran like shit. If you hit the gas the CEL and battery light came on, ecu started to flash a code. I could count 3 blinks before it went solid. Swapped the ecu out today and it started up, not running perfect but much better. I didnt mess with it too much today but we are going to double check the timing this week and run a compression test too.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Sounds like there's still a grounding issue somewhere.It's scary getting into troubleshooting a car with a harness that's been hacked all up.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:28 PM

Yeah it turns out its harder to find a 90-91 dx 5spd interior harness than I thought haha. Valve cover, battery to frame to trans, thermostat and the 2 grounds under the dash are all good. I'm try to take a deeper look into it this week.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered member

I hate to post this here,but I don't want to post it in the general classifieds since I really don't want to ship this thing.Hopefully somebody local needs it.
$25 picked up
pic attached.
Thanks
Chris
Attached Thumbnails Western Off Topic-image_080.jpg  
Old 11-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

is it broken? lol. i'm interested.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by pieisgude
is it broken? lol. i'm interested.
No,it's in very good shape.Just a very basic toolbox.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

the entire box, upper and lower?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:15 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

good deal

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic