Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 05-27-2011, 10:08 AM
i anger trendy kids.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Western Off Topic

yea its stock i was more along the lines of a yearly tune up just "routine maintenance" kind of.. i dont think that a MAF would make it smoke but i was just throwing that out there.. but the running rich part could be the MAF due to air to gas ratio thing lol.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:20 AM
i anger trendy kids.

iNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm should i save my $ and get a 04+ 350Z ( touring, track or grand touring) and get it around next year at this time, or just go SR on my 240 in afew months?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
please please please get a real tune first....please?
+1.
The FMU is okay for low boost,but way over 100psi of fuel pressure (figure 140-150ish psi at 10psi of boost)is asking for trouble.Not to mention your window of error gets much smaller the more boost/power you're making.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:49 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by iNF I Ghost I
hmmm should i save my $ and get a 04+ 350Z ( touring, track or grand touring) and get it around next year at this time, or just go SR on my 240 in afew months?
Go SR!....i may even sell you my SR swap if i ever make my mind up about what i want to do...
Old 05-27-2011, 01:52 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Mine smokes a little too, and smells like rotten eggs sometimes. Don't know if the cat is bad or the maf is flooding it causing it to smell. Woo, let me know one day you are free if you want to take a look at it.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:43 PM
i anger trendy kids.

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Go SR!....i may even sell you my SR swap if i ever make my mind up about what i want to do...
PM me if the day comes where you decide and want to sell it =)
Old 05-27-2011, 05:47 PM
i anger trendy kids.

Originally Posted by black_krix_si
Mine smokes a little too, and smells like rotten eggs sometimes. Don't know if the cat is bad or the maf is flooding it causing it to smell. Woo, let me know one day you are free if you want to take a look at it.
One of my friends had a bad CAT and it smelled like eggs..
Old 05-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Rit dye + salt + big container + floor mats = (not sure yet)
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by iNF I Ghost I
PM me if the day comes where you decide and want to sell it =)
well after a much needed talk with Woo, ill be sticking with the SR20 for the time being. I have too much time and money invested in both cars to stop now.

Keep and eye out on Zilvia though..every once and a while a smoking deal on a SR swap comes along.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Rit dye + salt + big container + floor mats = (not sure yet)
=profit

I got some light gray floormats from Import Auto Salvage that had some strange red stains on them(they gave me a really good deal too),and I dyed them black using Rit dye.That was probably ten years ago,and they're still looking good.
Just be sure once the dye has had time to set in,you wash the mats repeatedly(I just used a water hose with a high pressure nozzle) until no more dye comes out.I guess if you leave any unabsorbed dye on the material,it'll come off on wet shoes,which you'll then track onto whatever you walk on.Ask me how I know.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic