Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 07-03-2011, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Western Off Topic

My last kicker was a great speaker, too bad the amp blew but 3 people told me it was the speaker and I tossed it. My Alpine amp ended up blowing a capacitor, replaced that and the amp is back in business.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Kicker is junk.. but hey, buy one get one.. sell them and make your profit, and get some JL's.
Originally Posted by black_krix_si
My last kicker was a great speaker, too bad the amp blew but 3 people told me it was the speaker and I tossed it. My Alpine amp ended up blowing a capacitor, replaced that and the amp is back in business.
Kicker used to be good shit.In the mid 90's I had three Competition 15s powered by a PPI 1200 watt amp,and it was unreal how loud it was.In the last few years I think Kicker was bought by a mother company(as have a lot of the other previously high-end companies),and it's turned to crap.I'm sure it'll be good enough to make noise,but it's definitely not the competition grade stuff it used to be.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:32 PM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

power is back on... back to welding and air tools!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

anyone gotten their windows tinted lately??? i searched and read through all the threads, but they are all old as shit, so i was hoping someone had some more up to date info on the tint shops around this fucking town...
Old 07-05-2011, 08:04 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Custom cars unlimited, sun solutions, distinctive car detail/tint, etc...
Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Talk to Jamie at Autobahn on Franklin Road in Roanoke and he'll do it right. I got tired of waiting for him to do it on the side for me and took my Jeep to Custom Cars Unlimited, and I regret it... but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to tint. Anyway, Jamie will do it right.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

[QUOTE=The Nisbro;7208127]Custom cars unlimited, QUOTE]
This.Thrilla may have had a bad experience,but we've had several vehicles done and it was the best job I've seen around here.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:27 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

[QUOTE=TNGChris;7208736]
Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Custom cars unlimited, QUOTE]
This.Thrilla may have had a bad experience,but we've had several vehicles done and it was the best job I've seen around here.
Jamie used to tint at Custom Cars Unlimited.

I have some bubbles on my passenger side window, some scratches and pits on the drivers side. I didn't notice it until a few days later because it had been raining hard when I got them tinted and the windows had lots of rain drops on them. I didn't put the windows down for 3.5 days, and I was disappointed when I looked closely.

IIRC, Distinctive wanted more than $120 to tint my two tiny front windows. I've heard they do good work, but I wasn't willing to pay 2.5x or so more than any other reasonable shop quoted me to have my windows tinted.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:43 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

I second the shitty job Custom Cars did. Picked up my crx, both doors had bubbles, they said to give it a couple days...wtf? Side windows were not completely covered, little slivers along the edges showing light. Hatch was the same way plus they broke my defrost. They fixed the doors but did not cut it right along the top. Same on the sides and hatch. They offered to fix it again but if you cant do it right the first 2 times it's not going to get better.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:00 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Quick video of Chelsea DeNofa straight killing it in his boosted BMW @ XDC Charlotte. Its no wonder he came in 1st!

http://vimeo.com/26035086

Last edited by The Nisbro; 07-05-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic