Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 01-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by SRT-Ferg
Im gettin laid off monday. I could use a job...
Damm, sorry my dude. Kroger's always hirin.......
Old 01-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

anyone know of (or have) any 1970-72 chevelle ss' or 69-72 olds 442's for sale around here??? i've found one, but it sounds like its in rough shape... figured someone here would know of any available around roanoke lol...

Last edited by Voodoo; 01-30-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
I'm interested to see how the N54 used in the 1M goes, it uses a different HPFP(now refered to as a High Pressure Exchange Pump) and rumor has it that it's the solution to the HPFP woes. I guess time will tell.

Horse Power Freaks has a single turbo 335i up and running that is going to be using a secondary fuel rail to supplement the DI system. I'd like to see what power the stock engine can hold.
I think the guys at ar design have already been there

Regardless, I've moved on from the BMW scene I think. Put a deposit on a car to take me back to my roots tonite
Old 01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo

Regardless, I've moved on from the BMW scene I think. Put a deposit on a car to take me back to my roots tonite
AR's single turbo car was... Sketchy to say the least. A single turbo build on a lease car that was a couple months from being turned in and then abandoning the project and all the hardware never seeing the light of day? Sounds odd to me but i guess it's possible. AR is a company that produces top notch products so i'm not calling BS on something they claim, but it was a very weird story. Horse Power Freaks, Vishnu tuning, AVIVA instruments, CP-e and a few other companies are all VERY close to having a single turbo N54 on the roads. Its a very interesting time for the platform. Vishnu's turbo setup is very interesting lol

Bseries, what car did you put a deposit on?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Are you getting rid of,or already gotten rid of the E30?!What made you decide to get out of it?

Sooooo,Evo on the way?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

It just didn't fit the bill for me. Stupid fast, but I want more than just straight line. It blew up taking a vid for two very interested buyers(leaned out... ), so it's being parted out now.

Sadly, this one is red too Well, more pink then red at the moment, but it will meet a buffer.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:40 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Man, that sucks. Any idea how it happened? Wish more parts were interchangeable so I could give you a little business.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Go Team Marlboro

There's a few things that could have occurred. I didn't really look in to it, didn't care as I'm just going to part. You can check the euro section for a link to the partout and some pics, see if somn tickles your fancy or if you need something.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I'll check on my LSD to see if the ratios are different, I don't remember what ratio mine is. If they are different I may hit you up. I hate how short my gears are now, quickens the car up but it's pretty nominal and really kills highway mileage. Unless I have things screwed up (which isn't outside the realm of possibility by any means) the 2.93 should give me longer gearing while retaining limited slip. It's a single-eared diff correct?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

There's a few things that could have occurred. I didn't really look in to it, didn't care as I'm just going to part. You can check the euro section for a link to the partout and some pics, see if somn tickles your fancy or if you need something.

Man,sorry to hear that.

I can kind of relate.After dropping that valve on my car(and taking with it the entire longblock,turbo,etc)it made it really hard to think about rebuilding,haha.It was much easier to shitcan it and move on to other projects.Hate that I never got a ride in your car though.

Checking parts thread now....BTW,you don't happen to still have those 5mm spacers and lugbolts do you?

Last edited by TNGChris; 01-31-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic