Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Man,sorry to hear that.

I can kind of relate.After dropping that valve on my car(and taking with it the entire longblock,turbo,etc)it made it really hard to think about rebuilding,haha.It was much easier to shitcan it and move on to other projects.Hate that I never got a ride in your car though.

Checking parts thread now....BTW,you don't happen to still have those 5mm spacers and lugbolts do you?
Why yes, yes I do. Only one problem, hard to sell the car when it won't roll lol. Ill throw some loot to ya, or maybe I can sell the wheels/tires and just put the stock crap back on it to roll. Either way, I'll take care of you.

BTW, I have a poor vid of the car when it blew. You can't tell it did in the vid, but its kinda cool to watch tho it's at nite and offers not much but sound and lean a/f's lol.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...t=DSCN0588.mp4
Old 01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Why yes, yes I do. Only one problem, hard to sell the car when it won't roll lol. Ill throw some loot to ya, or maybe I can sell the wheels/tires and just put the stock crap back on it to roll. Either way, I'll take care of you.

BTW, I have a poor vid of the car when it blew. You can't tell it did in the vid, but its kinda cool to watch tho it's at nite and offers not much but sound and lean a/f's lol.

[URL="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/4gevo/E30/?action=view¤t=DSCN0588.mp4"]http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/4gevo/E30/?action=view¤t=DSCN0588.mp4[/L]
Not a big deal at all.Don't need them right now.Just *may* need them when/if I ever get my Classics to the specs I want.

Couldn't hear it blowing up in the video,but it sounded badass when it was under load!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by Race B&on
I'll check on my LSD to see if the ratios are different, I don't remember what ratio mine is. If they are different I may hit you up. I hate how short my gears are now, quickens the car up but it's pretty nominal and really kills highway mileage. Unless I have things screwed up (which isn't outside the realm of possibility by any means) the 2.93 should give me longer gearing while retaining limited slip. It's a single-eared diff correct?
Yes, it is a single eared diff, but it is very long gears, just for the record. With the g260 and 2.93 I could do almost 130 in 3rd gear
Old 01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Not a big deal at all.Don't need them right now.Just *may* need them when/if I ever get my Classics to the specs I want.

Couldn't hear it blowing up in the video,but it sounded badass when it was under load!
Thanks! That was a 58-65mph pull

I didn't know it had blown either till I looked in rear view and just saw smoke. Pulled off at elm and it had a miss and blowing smoke out the VC breather and tailpipe. Milked it home. Surprisingly still spooled up like normal and made good power, just lots of smoke lol. I borescoped it, decent size hole in the edge of the piston between exhaust valves lol.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

I got laid off this week. Someone please let me know if you know of any full time, decent jobs. I'm a hard worker and my mustache is radical and majestic.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Damn, sucks to hear people getting laid off.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:34 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by TongWoo
I got laid off this week. Someone please let me know if you know of any full time, decent jobs. I'm a hard worker and my mustache is radical and majestic.
Please help this man find a job so that he doesnt have to sell his elegant steed.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Damn,weak!!
Not sure what kind of pay you're looking for,but the job thread posted here in the Western section about the ignition interlock company doesn't sound bad.I contacted him for more info,and it seemed like a decent deal.
Also,I think Safelite Glass on Williamson may be hiring.That job also has decent pay.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:10 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Thanks, man. I'll check em out.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:36 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Someone got hit by a train.. on foot.. in Christiansburg.

How in the FUCK does that happen? I don't remember who the comic was that had a routine about this, but you take two or three steps to the left, or to the right, and you've stopped the attacking train.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic