Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 02-11-2012, 05:41 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Western Off Topic

I don't think there are very many places you have to worry about finding your car up on blocks anywhere in Western Virginia... Radford included. There's too little going on for something like that to go unnoticed IMO. A friend of mine posts pictures on her Facebook from her dorm room window almost every night of someone pulled over by like 3-4 police cars for something stupid, and it always seems to happen right in front of her window on the street. They're all over anything there!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:41 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by ej1995
Radford isn't that ghetto, but if you've got my luck then anybody else in the world could have no issues at all, then just because I didn't use them, my wheels would get jacked. It's always better to have and not need than to need and not have...
Word. $1XXX wheels > $85 wheel locks.

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I don't think there are very many places you have to worry about finding your car up on blocks anywhere in Western Virginia... Radford included. There's too little going on for something like that to go unnoticed IMO. A friend of mine posts pictures on her Facebook from her dorm room window almost every night of someone pulled over by like 3-4 police cars for something stupid, and it always seems to happen right in front of her window on the street. They're all over anything there!
True. Hmmmmmm.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Is Radford ghetto enough that I need to buy wheel locks? I'm placing a Bavauto order and if they're necessary it'd save on shipping to just order them now.
Anywhere can be ghetto enough to need wheel locks.Theft doesn't have to be rampant for somebody to decide they want your wheels or some meth head to randomly pick your car.If you value the wheels then protect them.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Wheel locks will only do so much anyway.At best they may get you fucked up wheels if somebosy attempts to defeat them.A decent two-way alarm with tilt sensor is the way to go.I've always had a hard time being sympathetic for when people get thousands of dollars in parts stolen off their car,bit they'd never spent $200-$400 on security.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:15 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

No one pays attention to car alarms. If anything, they annoy other citizens. SHUT THAT SHIT UP! Hurry up and finish stealing their stereo! I'm trying to sleep

Not that I'm not a fan, but in modern day society unfortunately no one is going to come out of their house to look and see what's going on 9 times out of 10. Best case scenario is it scares the thief off, but if they were ballsy/stupid enough to continue whatever they're doing (assuming it's not in your driveway and you have a loaded gun in your hand coming after them), they could just as easily continue or possibly even defeat the alarm and carry on with their business.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

^^^ That's what I'm thinking. Alarms don't mean what they used to. At least wheel locks do something physical to prevent theft.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Registered member

I definitely wouldn't rely on somebody else to intervene or give a damn.That's why I said a two way system,so that you know your car is being fucked with.I've had stuff stolen from my car in areas that aren't "bad" at all.The wheels locks certainly wouldn't hurt,and I'm all for as many layers of defense as possible,but you coming out screaming is the best deterrent(no gun in hand).I'm not saying go out like a madman and get your ass kicked or killed,but there's no thief that's going to continue fucking with your car if there's a siren going off and/or somebody looking at them.

Last edited by TNGChris; 02-11-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered member

The best wheel locks also won't do anything to prevent the theft of anything else in/on your car besides the wheels,or the whole car itself.

The damn return icon my phone auto posts,hence the multiple posts.

Last edited by TNGChris; 02-11-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:33 AM
EMPIRE

ShortStackSoJDM has disabled reputation

21mm chrome socket + hammer + breaker bar = wheel locks gone
Old 02-12-2012, 06:45 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Originally Posted by ShortStackSoJDM
21mm chrome socket + hammer + breaker bar = wheel locks gone
I won't even ask how you know that. Maybe my best defense is just the center caps themselves.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic