Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Srs question: with a helmet on do you have to keep the sunroof open to fit in the car? Also that looked pretty fun.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:59 PM
i anger trendy kids.

iNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond repute

hahahah yea.. i actually took the sun roof off to fit in there with the helmet. After that run, one of the older SCCA guys asked me if i knew what i was doing, i was like yea i ment to slide around out there. he didnt under stand the concept of drifing haha yea it was a great weekend test and tune on sat and then the comp on sun.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Patrick, you did great. Very relaxed and smooth.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

BallinthaEF BallinthaEF BallinthaEF

I need to make it up there one weekend...I'm to close not to go...good driving man
Old 03-19-2012, 05:20 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Srs question: with a helmet on do you have to keep the sunroof open to fit in the car? Also that looked pretty fun.
Even with my sunroof open, my helmet still hits the roof...and my floor pan has been beat in for "clearance" already...
Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 AM
i anger trendy kids.

iNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Even with my sunroof open, my helmet still hits the roof...and my floor pan has been beat in for "clearance" already...
that's how I am I kinda have a slight lean and scoot down in the seat

Thanks woo! Im trying to go to Bens event the 14 but im not sure of ill be able to because of some family stuff that's going on
Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

I've been doing some datalogging down in mexico*cough* and i'm happy with how the car is running even with the rise in ambient temps
Hitting the dyno soon(ish) to see what the car will do some meth.
Attached Thumbnails Western Off Topic-v400-stage-2-aggressive.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

If your using VDR just setup the proper info and plot your graph with dynojet mode. It's very accurate, don't really even need a dyno. I've used it a bunch Looks a little lean up to for my taste tho, and the a/f is all over the place. What's peak boost?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
If your using VDR just setup the proper info and plot your graph with dynojet mode. It's very accurate, don't really even need a dyno. I've used it a bunch Looks a little lean up to for my taste tho, and the a/f is all over the place. What's peak boost?
It's because of the scaling. The AFR is going between 11.7-12 it just looks like more of a swing than what it is. Don't forget the N54 is DI so it is safe to run slightly leaner than EFI. Peak boost on that run was ~17.5psi.

I've tried using the VD to plot a dyno run but it always seems to read low. The car made 330rwhp/380rwtq on a dynocom chassis dyno. Now it's running more boost(with less taper up top) and more timing and according to VD it makes about 320hp/340tq. The normal dynojet numbers for my mods is around 370hp/400tq.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:54 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

No enjoyable weekend for me, car is in the shop for a chip in my key that went bad....

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic