Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
No enjoyable weekend for me, car is in the shop for a chip in my key that went bad....
Technology FTL.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:44 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
No enjoyable weekend for me, car is in the shop for a chip in my key that went bad....
dont feel bad...ive been waiting on an engine hoist all weekend. my motor should have been back in on thursday...
Old 03-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
It's because of the scaling. The AFR is going between 11.7-12 it just looks like more of a swing than what it is. Don't forget the N54 is DI so it is safe to run slightly leaner than EFI. Peak boost on that run was ~17.5psi.

I've tried using the VD to plot a dyno run but it always seems to read low. The car made 330rwhp/380rwtq on a dynocom chassis dyno. Now it's running more boost(with less taper up top) and more timing and according to VD it makes about 320hp/340tq. The normal dynojet numbers for my mods is around 370hp/400tq.
I understand the DI, but running almost 12's on pump kinda worries me for long term use. You will not loose any discernable amount of power by fattening it up a half point, but gain a lot better safety margin. Either way I guess, personal preference.

The settings must not be correct for the VDR. I've tested an evo back to back from dynojet to the VDR and it was within 3hp/3tq. Be sure the gearing is correct(I had to make some custom files for VDR as some of the gearing was incorrect), and that you have the weights put in there properly.
Also, tire size, plays a big role.

Last edited by BSeriesTurbo; 03-25-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
dont feel bad...ive been waiting on an engine hoist all weekend. my motor should have been back in on thursday...
Shoulda taken me up on it eh? lol I'm around today if you want to come get it..
Old 03-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
I understand the DI, but running almost 12's on pump kinda worries me for long term use. You will not loose any discernable amount of power by fattening it up a half point, but gain a lot better safety margin. Either way I guess, personal preference.

The settings must not be correct for the VDR. I've tested an evo back to back from dynojet to the VDR and it was within 3hp/3tq. Be sure the gearing is correct(I had to make some custom files for VDR as some of the gearing was incorrect), and that you have the weights put in there properly.
Also, tire size, plays a big role.
Weight and tire size were both WAY off. This looks about right IMO.
Attached Thumbnails Western Off Topic-v400-stage-2-aggressive.jpg  
Old 03-25-2012, 10:55 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Shoulda taken me up on it eh? lol I'm around today if you want to come get it..
I got my hoist back already, ive just been to busy with other things to work on the car. Its all good, im about to go put the motor back in right now!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Weight and tire size were both WAY off. This looks about right IMO.
You don't happen to live on craig avenue right near thompson memorial do you?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by DURHUR
You don't happen to live on craig avenue right near thompson memorial do you?
Nope, I live in the SML area.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Nope, I live in the SML area.
You've got a twin then.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DURHUR
You've got a twin then.
I'll keep that in mind lol

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic