Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Western Off Topic

So,to get an ideo of what the ALMS race at VIR in September is going to be like,here's a lap from the test they just had in a prototype class car.They were running 1:36s on Full Course,which is just a few tenths off the track record held by a Benetton Formula 1 car.The week of the race there's no doubt the recoed will be broken.
Just for reference,I run 2:21s on the same course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B_Z2mHZt-0k
Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Registered Member

boostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond repute

Its flat out amazing how fast they make it around that track. I'm in a toss up between attending this or going to Octoberfest as a early bday present. I really want to take the RX8 out there at least once this year.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by boostdtalon
Its flat out amazing how fast they make it around that track. I'm in a toss up between attending this or going to Octoberfest as a early bday present. I really want to take the RX8 out there at least once this year.
Do both!
I'm telling you,the ALMS race is just too crazy to miss.This is the best chance to see these amazing cars anywhere remotely close to our area.I believe up until this year the closest race was at Road Atlanta.Drive down saturday morning and go home that day.The drive is about an hour and 45 minutes,so it's no big deal.To save even more money and deal with less of a crowd,come down on Friday or Thursday for practice or qualifying.

If you want to track the car,do one day (or two if money allows)at a Trackdaze event.NASA events are not the best option for HPDE,in my opinion.

There,problem solved.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 AM
Registered Member

boostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond reputeboostdtalon has a reputation beyond repute

I like how you think. Haha
Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

OK, this is WAY off topic and kind of a dumb question, but where the hell can I get some good bratwurst? I have googled and asked around and I can't find a single restaurant in Roanoke that serves hot dog style brats!!! Does anyone know of a place? The closest I've found is Annie Moore's Irish pub on Franklin/electric and that just a sub with bratwurst sliced up in it
Old 06-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
OK, this is WAY off topic and kind of a dumb question, but where the hell can I get some good bratwurst? I have googled and asked around and I can't find a single restaurant in Roanoke that serves hot dog style brats!!! Does anyone know of a place? The closest I've found is Annie Moore's Irish pub on Franklin/electric and that just a sub with bratwurst sliced up in it
i think Jimmy V's does...
Old 06-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by ej1995
i think Jimmy V's does...
Thank you, sir!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:01 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

It's only off topic if there is a topic.. but since this is the Western Off Topic thread, I think you're safe
Old 06-25-2012, 05:46 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Who is going to echm this weekend?
Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

okay so im pondering powdercoating the wheels on my speed....thinking of a few different colors. I am really leaning towards going with a pearl white. But i am also considering matte black, dark metallic blue (think volk magnesium blue), or gold. hrmmmmm

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic