Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 07-13-2012, 02:00 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Yuuuuuup! DragVA/VAdriven is a tough place for new people... so definitely be careful what you say and do. lol
Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

I drive a lowered 91 crx....
Old 07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89

It was a box looking civic.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg

Originally Posted by IonRedline89
So planed upgrades over the next 6 months stage 2 clutch 300+ hp tvs supercharger and full 3in exhaust hp should be around 320ish total cost close to 5k but the smile on my face will be priceless.
You must like torque steer...
Old 07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute

I drive a box civic (88 sedan) but it wasnt me. haha
Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

I has box.

On a side note, anyone know of a place that does cheap front end alignments?

Last edited by pieisgude; 07-13-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by pieisgude
I has box.

On a side note, anyone know of a place that does cheap front end alignments?
Cheap alignments is kind of like cheap tire mounting.If you pay a little more somewhere that knows what they're doing,it'll certainly pay for itself in the long run.
I never understood people bitching about $100 to mount a set of tires and wheels worth several thousand dollars versus paying $50 for some hack to fuck them up.I never understood people bitching about $100 or so for an alignment when it can make your car drive and handle better,as well as making that $500+ set of tires last longer versus paying $50 for some hack to "get it close".BTW-I'm not saying you're bitching,just that you need to consider the difference in service you can get for a relatively minor increase in price.An alignment isn't a bolt-on type of thing.The final result is all dependent on how knowledgable the person doing it is,and how much they actually care about getting it right......Which brings me to my next point.
The best thing you could do is to buy the materials(less than the cost of a cheap alignment)to do it yourself and you'll be set from here on out.There are plenty of how-tos on the netz,but if you need any help let me know.You can do just as good of a job as any shop in your own garage,plus you'll know it's right and you've already saved money the first time you do it(and it's free every time after that).It's like a lifetime alignment for $20.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

I like your thinking. I already have lifetime alignments at firestone but i already used mine up this year. I really think i should invest in an alignment setup, for the amount of times i mess with stupid things like ride height and mods that were poorly planned, i might as well.

looked it up online, i'm doing this tomorrow.

Last edited by pieisgude; 07-13-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by pieisgude
I like your thinking. I already have lifetime alignments at firestone but i already used mine up this year. I really think i should invest in an alignment setup, for the amount of times i mess with stupid things like ride height and mods that were poorly planned, i might as well. Any good links to send me? And what's your setup? I'm assuming you've got a setup since you suggested it.
Here's the first link that came up(Google "DIY alignment setup" for more info):
http://www.elantragtclub.com/id554.html
This guy is going a little overboard.What you really need is four jackstands(which any car enthusiast should already have),two lengths of 1" or so conduit(Lowes),a roll of plumb line(Lowes),a few 12"x12" stick-on floor tiles if needed for floor leveling(Lowes),a ruler that measures in minimum 1/32" increments.You can lay one of the pieces of conduit from tire spot to tire spot with a standard household level on it to get your work area level-no need for a huge construction level.
If you have camber plates or other means of adjustable camber you can buy a bubble gauge at Harbor Freight for a few bucks(accurate enough to know if you're way off) or for about $35 you can build a digital gauge with a little work.You can also use some simple math to figure camber using a straightedge,household level and a ruler(again,Google is your friend).You can use a leftover piece of the conduit for the straightedge,and you should already have the ruler for the toe measurement setup,so this would essentially be free.

A couple pics of my setup:
Only one I have where you can see the rig.

Camber gauge I built:

Last edited by TNGChris; 07-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

how much of a PITA is it to adjust that stuff once you have your measurements?

Race, pm'd you.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic