Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Race B&on
I could probably limp it to Roanoke on route 11. I have a jack at my place now so I actually want to get up under it and confirm what's wrong and order whatever junk it needs. Any help would be appreciated immensely.

EDIT: IonRedline, you seem like a chill guy, but talking like that is how people get crucified on this site (especially talking about street racing).
I'll talk to my buddy tomorrow
Old 07-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89

Torque Steer what is that lol,I already have that no biggie for me though.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
how much of a PITA is it to adjust that stuff once you have your measurements?

Race, pm'd you.
It takes me less than 10 minutes to get the rig set up and squared to the car,and about 5 minutes to take all the measurements.I've gotten pretty good at making one set of adjustments and being very close so that I can then resquare the rig,remeasure,and usually I won't have to make any more adjustments or at most I'll have to make one more set of fine tuning changes.
I tried setting it up with the car over the pit so I wouldn't have to jack the car up and throw off the rig(you should be able to just make adjustments and remeasure without having the square the rig up again),but it's hard to get up to the tie-rods from under there.More of a PITA than it's worth.
I use a ruler with 1/64" increments,so if you figure to what degree resolution that'd be at the outer rim of a 17" wheel,it's very accurate.I've been very pleased so far with how well it works.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Well guys, its that time again...im getting the itch to build something. My plans were to sell the 240 and build something different this time..but I havent been able to find anything worth jumping on. Sooo after long deliberation, i have decided to rebuild Roxanne.

New motor, New Suspension, the whole 9 yards...its going to be a new car! Of course this means ill be about $12k deep into my beat ass 240....but this time around, i feel like it will be worth it!!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Hell yeah Corey!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:52 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

I'm glad you're keeping it!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:16 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

I recently got disappointed by the si, I found out the head on the k24z7 has a cast exhaust mani and vtec only on the intake side. I feel as if I bought a faster ep3
Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

My laptop is shit, my car is running like shit and I just bought an Acer netbook to diagnose it....what is the world coming to?
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Are you talking about the new si w/ the k24?
Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
I recently got disappointed by the si, I found out the head on the k24z7 has a cast exhaust mani and vtec only on the intake side. I feel as if I bought a faster ep3
So,it's kind of like a pumped up CRV/Accord K24?I haven't looked much into the new Si,other than the magazines saying the new engine isn't as fun as the previous generation with the 2 liter.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic