Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 07-16-2012, 05:51 PM
2doors plus 2.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by TNGChris:7866542
So,it's kind of like a pumped up CRV/Accord K24?I haven't looked much into the new Si,other than the magazines saying the new engine isn't as fun as the previous generation with the 2 liter.
Yeah practically, I'm not sure about fun factor, I do like the extra torque but those are two big factors limiting this car already. Also there is not a noticeable vtec crossover which is pretty depressing. The fun factor that everyone screams about I'm guessing is the k20 can rev sky high while this is more low end torque, less rev happy. It's still fun though.

Full-race says that this motor is really good on boost due to that cast exhaust manifold but i highly doubt that an 11:0:1 compression ratio motor like boost like that without a build. Im waiting to see more builds on these motors to see what the outcome is going to be since cam profiling will be harder since there is no vtec on the exhaust side.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: Western Off Topic

High CR is great, has more oomph out of boost. You can easily run 15+ psi on the proper setup. Guy locally makes 450whp on a stock rsx engine, and Im about to finish a 3076 install on a stock k20 as well. BTW, Fu*k full race, you will never see me buy anything from them. Such a rip
Old 07-16-2012, 06:56 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Well, got a fresh tune uploaded to the crx. Running better, no more limp mode, no more error codes and did some data logs for a friend to look over. Car still over heats too quickly sitting still though, going to swap out the half size radiator for my full size VW one tomorrow hopefully.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo:7866697
High CR is great, has more oomph out of boost. You can easily run 15+ psi on the proper setup. Guy locally makes 450whp on a stock rsx engine, and Im about to finish a 3076 install on a stock k20 as well. BTW, Fu*k full race, you will never see me buy anything from them. Such a rip
I understand and bisimoto made 1004 out of a k24z7 but I honestly don't see myself slapping a turbo on my civic anytime ever I was hoping to go with more of just bolt ons and cams. I just know that the integral exhaust manifold is going to restrict a lot of power out of the motor. Anyone have any information about those if they can be bored out and such and such. Along with any information or links to k20a3 builds I'm curious to see how they went about the cam profiles on those motors and how effectively it was at producing power without vtec on the exhaust side.

EDIT:
I wonder if a vtec killer cam setup would be possible without breaking rocker arms left and right

Last edited by Yep4doors; 07-17-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:16 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

So yesterday I heard my dogs barking, so I went to the front of my house to find a Roanoke County planning vehicle and a man taking pictures of my car. I stepped outside and asked the man if I could help him. He immediately acted pissed off and basically yelled, "What's the deal with the tags?" -There is no front tag on my car. I explained to him that the front tag had fallen off and that I had it in the vehicle, showed him the tags, which are current, and the vehicle has a current inspection, with taxes paid up, and is no being worked on etc... He asked me my address. He told me that I had to display my front plate on my car or else the county could impound my vehicle. He was very defensive at this point. I was completely polite to him the entire time. I asked for his card. He was still acting super pissed like I was breaking the law when he left.

Long emails follow:
Spoiler

Fucking fuckers.

Last edited by TongWoo; 07-25-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Fucking really? With all the money problems city/county are having they are paying people to ride around do dumb shit like that?

Sounds like a guy that got turned down for the police so now he has a TINY amount of authority and his TINY dick is getting the better of him.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:19 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
Fucking really? With all the money problems city/county are having they are paying people to ride around do dumb shit like that?

Sounds like a guy that got turned down for the police so now he has a TINY amount of authority and his TINY dick is getting the better of him.
Exactly. Dude was acting like a crazy, pissed off cop.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:55 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Absolutely accurate description of what this guy does.... Couldn't get on the police department, so rolls his sleeves up and pumps his chest out and rides around profiling as much as possible.

Makes me sad. We do have too many problems to be focusing on such stupid things. There have been several murders in the last few days in the area... but they're worried about parked cars.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM
BATTLESTAGS

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VanillaThrilla again."
Old 07-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by TongWoo
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VanillaThrilla again."
I repped you and VanillaThrilla both

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic