Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
can't get much cheaper than that!
I know, i'm debating on getting a set just to experiment with. The only thing is that i've got 3 seperate projects in works with the car right now and i don't want to add another one unless i have to. I may just hold off until my tax returns come in.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg

Are any of you fellas familiar with motards/dirt bikes? I ask because I am thinking about getting a dirt bike or a
motard this spring to kick around since I live at smith mountain lake and work in roanoke. My question is; can a dirt bike be repurposed as a motard? I would like to be able to take it out through the woods in my back yard and then be able to ride it to work.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Would have to be one that was titled. And technically the suspension needs respring/revalve for street use, it can be dual purpose tho.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

What Benn said,plus other things....
If you start out with a full on motocross bike,keep in mind that 4-strokes require rebuilds at 15-30 hours,which will go by very quickly while commuting.
You can get around the title thing by buying a frame/title and then just applying that title/VIN to your dirtbike,as well as adding lights.Obviously,that's illegal,but plenty of people do it.
I'd love to take a motocross bike and redo the suspension and put 17" wheels on it.I can't imagine how much fun it would be.A more realistic,easier and legal way is to just buy something like a DRZ400.It will be heavier/slower/less fun but still awesome. A CRF250x/450x is a very good compromise(all the suspension and cool parts of the R models,but with lights,a title and an engine that lasts longer,albeit with less power)but they still bring good money used.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

I got some pics of what little snow we got tonight... i was hoping it would've been more
I froze my ass off getting these pics lol

Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I was hoping for a foot
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I was hoping for a foot
That's what she said....... awwwwww.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

I was hoping for a foot
True story^

Originally Posted by Race B&on
That's what she said....... awwwwww.
Well played^
Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by SRT-Ferg
Are any of you fellas familiar with motards/dirt bikes? I ask because I am thinking about getting a dirt bike or a
motard this spring to kick around since I live at smith mountain lake and work in roanoke. My question is; can a dirt bike be repurposed as a motard? I would like to be able to take it out through the woods in my back yard and then be able to ride it to work.
I used to have one. CRF250 supermoto street legal. Hit me up, man. They are a blast. I'll fill you in on the title details.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Got scared shitless last night.

Get a call at work from my girlfriend's mother that they are on the way to the ER with her. Even though it ended up being *nothing* serious, it was enough to scare me.

*** edit ***

Messed up lol it was nothing serious

Last edited by Yep4doors; 01-21-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic