Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 AM
slingshot engage.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Haven't ever posted in here, but I am a recent addition to the grad program at VT- so I'm in the Valley now.

I'm looking for a reputable tint shop in Roa/Cburg/Bburg to get the windows done on my new car. I've decided the drive back to the beach isn't worth it for just window tint.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Custom Cars in Salem or Sun Solutions in vinton. I would go to either one depending on which place is more convenient for you. I've had nearly 10 cars in my family done at custom cars and they haven't screwed up one yet! Got the Evo just recently done actually.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:06 AM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

Originally Posted by pearl350z
Custom Cars in Salem or Sun Solutions in vinton. I would go to either one depending on which place is more convenient for you. I've had nearly 10 cars in my family done at custom cars and they haven't screwed up one yet! Got the Evo just recently done actually.
10 for 10 sounds like good odds to me.

Thanks man!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:10 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by pearl350z

I can also vouch for Custom Cars in Salem. I've had at least three of my friends get their cars tinted there and the first ones tint still looks great and it's been around 4 years now, no bubbles, no cracks, no fading.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:44 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
I can also vouch for Custom Cars in Salem. I've had at least three of my friends get their cars tinted there and the first ones tint still looks great and it's been around 4 years now, no bubbles, no cracks, no fading.
I didn't have such good luck with Custom Cars. My shit was scratched and bubbled leaving the lot, and I even tipped the tinter. I didn't notice immediately, so I felt like it was my fault for not speaking up before I left, but it was raining for several days and I waited probably 4 days to roll the glass down.

I think he just rushed through the job and didn't use enough lube on the applicator, which caused the scratches/tears in the tint. I think.

And I'll never have Tim tint another vehicle for me. Two bad experiences there too.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I didn't have such good luck with Custom Cars. My shit was scratched and bubbled leaving the lot, and I even tipped the tinter. I didn't notice immediately, so I felt like it was my fault for not speaking up before I left, but it was raining for several days and I waited probably 4 days to roll the glass down.

I think he just rushed through the job and didn't use enough lube on the applicator, which caused the scratches/tears in the tint. I think.

And I'll never have Tim tint another vehicle for me. Two bad experiences there too.
I hate when people rush through and don't use enough lube.

I've noticed it does cause scratches and tears.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

But, on the subject of tint...

A friend of mine is the east coast sales rep for one of the big automotive tint manufacturers, so he deals with most all the tinting shops in the state. He recommends Sun Solutions. Says there isn't anyone else in the valley he'd take a car to.

I've never used them so I'm just relaying what I have been told. YMMV...
Old 02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Never heard anyone have anything bad to say about Sun Solutions. Consequently, it's going to probably be the most expensive in the area, but you're not going to be unhappy.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89

Got my car back today brand new engine looks soo clean and the outside is super dirty lol.Berglund says I need new e-brakes lines and quoted 270 installed anyone know somewhere I can get this done cheaper.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:22 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by IonRedline89
Got my car back today brand new engine looks soo clean and the outside is super dirty lol.Berglund says I need new e-brakes lines and quoted 270 installed anyone know somewhere I can get this done cheaper.
I know why you need new e-brake lines

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic