Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89
Default Re: Western Off Topic

They will not show you the tapes.Its a policy you have to file a report with the police than the police will view the tapes.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by IonRedline89
They will not show you the tapes.Its a policy you have to file a report with the police than the police will view the tapes.
And, considering they wouldn't investigate my car when it was broken into and vandalized (they said they could take a report over the phone for my insurance, but refused to send anyone out), I doubt they are going to investigate someone throwing eggs at a car.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89

Anyone know anyone that does retrofitted headlights in are area I'd have to have to pay 400 dollars and send my headlights off to cali and wait 2 weeks.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:17 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Anyone know anyone that does retrofitted headlights in are area I'd have to have to pay 400 dollars and send my headlights off to cali and wait 2 weeks.
why not do it yourself? ive found multiple DIY's on how to do it (on various cars), im sure someone's made a write up for colbalts by now.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
why not do it yourself? ive found multiple DIY's on how to do it (on various cars), im sure someone's made a write up for colbalts by now.
I also found a lot of PnP adapters so wiring wouldn't even have to be a hassle. I assume that he's wanting more than HIDs if he's about ready to send them out to California and drop $400.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

I was thinking of doing it but theres alot of cutting and stuff like that.I dont have the time nor the experience with something like that.400 includes retro's halo's and the HID's with warning cancelers.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

On second thought after looking at what all is involved I think I'd just send them out too. Better to have it done by people that know what they're doing. Don't get halos though.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:20 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Race B&on
On second thought after looking at what all is involved I think I'd just send them out too. Better to have it done by people that know what they're doing. Don't get halos though.
I've done a couple,but I definitely agree he should send them off if you don't feel comfortable on doing it yourself.No reason to ruin your headlights/blind other drivers with an incorrect install/etc.Does the $400 include the parts,or is that just labor?If it does include good quality OEM projectors,that's a good deal.

+10000000000 on no halos
Old 03-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Registered Member

400.00 includes the mirimoto set I think there called with canibus ballasts,So its not an ebay kit.I'm only doing a single halo for day time running lights so the hid's aren't on all the time.If I was to buy the kit it would cost 300 dollars he gets a deal cause he does them alot.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

400.00 includes the mirimoto set I think there called with canibus ballasts,So its not an ebay kit.I'm only doing a single halo for day time running lights so the hid's aren't on all the time.If I was to buy the kit it would cost 300 dollars he gets a deal cause he does them alot.
So what projector does this use?I looked up the Morimoto HID kit and it definitely looks nice,although I've never had any issues with the numerous DDM $30 kits I've installed.The biggest thing is the projector itself- if it's not a quality lens it won't matter what bulb/ballast kit you have.

*edit* I just saw on Retrofit that Morimoto makes projectors too.Man,what a nice setup!I love how it has the threaded base to fit into various housing with no mods,and keep the factory adjuster.Plus it's bi-xenon!I am all about this!Is that what you're getting?
That being said,the Morimoto porjectors are like $120.Once you buy them and a halo(barf) kit,you can buy a DDM D2S HID kit,and probably have less than $200 in it all.The install really couldn't be easier.I'd seriously just take it on yourself and spend half the money.Retrofit has a good how-to on the Morimoto kit that covers everything.

I'm used to having to make an apparatus within the housing to mount the projector and allow for aiming.This kit basically drops in and works really well.

Last edited by TNGChris; 03-08-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic