Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Fanatacism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orrickr has disabled reputation
Default Re: Western Off Topic

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/eye-...7/#post8138417
Old 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Lord Humongous took the words from my mouth..
Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Dyoungin' is right about the N82 tactical Pro series stuff. The polycarbonate and neoprene/suede should give you enough hard support and cushion on the inside where it shouldn't set off the laser, but on the other hand they are rather thick/bulky.

I have been running a White Hat Holster (much like the Crossbreed, but I think they (white hat) are higher quality (plus it doesn't force you to where a cross on your belt, lolol) With the crossbreed or white hat you can alter the leather around the mag release of in your case the laser switch by wetting the leather with warm water and pressing it out with a screwdriver, etc, then letting it dry. It will dry rigid and should protect the area (if it is still an issue with a crossbreed/white hat type of holster.)
Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Fanatacism

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Lord Humongous took the words from my mouth..
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Fanatacism

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Dyoungin' is right about the N82 tactical Pro series stuff. The polycarbonate and neoprene/suede should give you enough hard support and cushion on the inside where it shouldn't set off the laser, but on the other hand they are rather thick/bulky.

I have been running a White Hat Holster (much like the Crossbreed, but I think they (white hat) are higher quality (plus it doesn't force you to where a cross on your belt, lolol) With the crossbreed or white hat you can alter the leather around the mag release of in your case the laser switch by wetting the leather with warm water and pressing it out with a screwdriver, etc, then letting it dry. It will dry rigid and should protect the area (if it is still an issue with a crossbreed/white hat type of holster.)
Dude good looks on the white hat!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:49 AM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

Yeah- it's all relative.

Mine isn't bulky at all, only because it is for my M&P Shield 9mm- the gun is less very thin, overall.

n82 comfort is unmatched, though. I tossed a Crossbreed in the garbage because of the n82 LOL.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

My N82 is hands down the most comfortable I've owned, but I tend to daily my White Hat. If you have something like a Shield or XDS then the N82 is perfect. I daily a Gen 4 Glock 21, but I have a pretty large frame. I just love the 21's so much and I train more consistently with the 21, so it's what I tend to carry, and it definitely tucks away a bit better with a more low profile setup. I also Have a 30, but am waiting on the 30S, which I'll probably switch to for edc. At that point I'll probably pick up a N82 for the 30S.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:05 AM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

My N82 is hands down the most comfortable I've owned, but I tend to daily my White Hat. If you have something like a Shield or XDS then the N82 is perfect. I daily a Gen 4 Glock 21, but I have a pretty large frame. I just love the 21's so much and I train more consistently with the 21, so it's what I tend to carry, and it definitely tucks away a bit better with a more low profile setup. I also Have a 30, but am waiting on the 30S, which I'll probably switch to for edc. At that point I'll probably pick up a N82 for the 30S.
I agree- it is all dependent on the weapon at hand. Personally, I EDC the Shield in the n82, but when I carry my full size G17, I just open carry in a Spectre Koncealment kydex or Serpa CQC, depending if I feel like removing my TLR1-S or not.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Anyone else see where Horsepower Freaks went out of business? Apparently they fucked A LOT of people out of A LOT money when they closed up shop.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

No surprise there, they were all the time blowing engines and swappin stuff out. Threads popped on bimmerforum FI section si-regularly but half the time they pulled their mod strings and got them deleted.

Hack jobs, even though some of the cars were radical and fast.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic