Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
After a short facebook convo earlier and realization I posted a status with an observation and a question.
Plans are being put into motion right now to do something similar to Cars and Coffee. As of now myself and a couple other parties are seeking venues in Roanoke and at the lake for monthly meeting spots. All help and suggestions are appreciated.
Sounds good.

On a somewhat similar note, Cruise Night is the 28th. We've got the lot next to Premier Rental on Williamson Rd. if anybody wants to swing by and hang out. Probably food and other stuff going on after about 3pm. Looking for a good turnout.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

I know it was advised against but the job was offered to the public and I jumped on it. I'm now the admin of the Roanoke Street FB page. The page already has a good base and its a good way to get info out to the community about meets and events. I'll be keeping it more updated.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:57 AM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
After a short facebook convo earlier and realization I posted a status with an observation and a question.
Plans are being put into motion right now to do something similar to Cars and Coffee. As of now myself and a couple other parties are seeking venues in Roanoke and at the lake for monthly meeting spots. All help and suggestions are appreciated.
I don't have a FaceSpace, so I will put in my .02 here.

I'm not sure if you were trying to keep it in Roanoke, but there is a nice shopping center in Blacksburg called First & Main shopping center. They local Jeep club meets there often and the shopping center has plenty of parking and space on an undeveloped side.

Just some ideas.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Mmmmm bull and bones..... Sunday brunch till 3pm, kickass breakfast's, superb beer.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

been waffling over which motor I wanted to swap in my drift car...and fate seemed to influence my decision today...

One of my favorite XDC drivers, Stewart Leask, posted up on FB that he was selling the VVTi 1JZGTE out of his JZX100 as well as a VQHR 6spd trans.....I bit the bullet and jumped on it! Im so stoked to go 1JZ!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
I don't have a FaceSpace, so I will put in my .02 here.

I'm not sure if you were trying to keep it in Roanoke, but there is a nice shopping center in Blacksburg called First & Main shopping center. They local Jeep club meets there often and the shopping center has plenty of parking and space on an undeveloped side.

Just some ideas.
I've spoken with a fellow who does meets and such up there and have been getting some ideas from him. I'm gonna hit up a couple of the local Dunkin Donuts and see what they have to say. May try hitting up Panera and Steak and Shake.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Sold the Hatch, so I will probably be beating around in the ugly, slammed, multicolored, 81 Civic soon. It'll be interesting, thats for sure. Pics to follow...eventually...
Old 06-23-2013, 05:33 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
been waffling over which motor I wanted to swap in my drift car...and fate seemed to influence my decision today...

One of my favorite XDC drivers, Stewart Leask, posted up on FB that he was selling the VVTi 1JZGTE out of his JZX100 as well as a VQHR 6spd trans.....I bit the bullet and jumped on it! Im so stoked to go 1JZ!
Seriously, nobody has noticed the badassery of this post?
Corey, that shit is going to be fucking sick!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

Probably going to regret this......but looking for alignment shops in the NRV. I usually use Joe's Garage and they do great work but he is closed to new customers due to an accident and he didn't have any recommendations. I know there are tons of threads but those are a few years old and I'm looking for updated info.

Where else could I go around bburg and cburg? Car is lowered(not slammed) with front camber kit.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

So, I stop at Advance to pick up a tail light bulb and a dude stops me on the way out to talk about my car. Come to find out, he's got a red evo x with black wheels and he's there to pick up bolts and clamps to re-install his intercooler pipe he blew off racing the night before. Says it's got over 400hp, but seemed lost when I asked him various questions about his car. Anyone know the car? I am giving him the benefit of doubt that he actually owns a X, but am skeptical about the lofty performace he claims it puts out, haha! People crack me up sometimes...

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic