Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 08-24-2013, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Damn what the hell. The last time I need a copy of one I went to the police station and paid $5 and got it right away.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:50 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by black_krix_si
Damn what the hell. The last time I need a copy of one I went to the police station and paid $5 and got it right away.
That's Virginia for you. It's $8.00 now, and the state police can't/won't help you.. As of July (of this year), it has to go through the DMV. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The police sent everyone away from the scene without giving us the opportunity to get the other drivers insurance information, and said if we wanted that info, we'd have to get the accident report after the fact. Thought I was going to fight a tow truck driver who pretty much demanded I paid him $150 to tow her car a few miles down the street instead of using AAA (free tow up to 200 miles) which was already en route... If I'd paid $150, I would have still been stranded in the middle of Pittsylvania. The AAA tow gave us a lift back to town.

Fortunately, I haven't needed a tow in a while, but since when do people charge $150+? Especially just for a local tow...

Due to the clusterfuck with the accident report, her insurance company hasn't even sent an adjuster out to look at her car. They won't lift a finger (she only has comprehensive and liability) until someone else's insurance company gets involved. Progressive sucks!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

If the police call for the tow it's automaticay 125-150$, otherwise it prolly would have been 50-75. Sorry to hear it's being a PITA!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:37 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Finally managed to convince the insurance agent to do his job... Turns out the driver that hit us was uninsured. The only way I can think of that they weren't cited for being uninsured is that they had an insurance card that reflected that they had current coverage and cancelled their policy for whatever reason before it expired. Either that, or the trooper really needs to pay more attention!

So we were in the accident on the 17th. Today is the 29th and Progressive still has yet to send an adjuster out to even look at her car. I'm livid.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:53 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Finally managed to convince the insurance agent to do his job... Turns out the driver that hit us was uninsured. The only way I can think of that they weren't cited for being uninsured is that they had an insurance card that reflected that they had current coverage and cancelled their policy for whatever reason before it expired. Either that, or the trooper really needs to pay more attention!

So we were in the accident on the 17th. Today is the 29th and Progressive still has yet to send an adjuster out to even look at her car. I'm livid.
Keep bugging the living shit out of them til they come out and inspect the vehicle, State Farm only took like a day for my truck a few years back, they need to hop on the ball.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Where is her vehicle?When my truck got totaled in January the lady that hit me had Progressive.I was going to get the tow truck driver to drop the truck at my work,but he suggested letting him take it to his lot so there'd be storage fees.I assumed it was more than anything to add to the money he'd make,but it definitely made the insurance company hurry up and come get it to assess it.I still spent a month negotiating with them on the settlement though.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Where is her vehicle?When my truck got totaled in January the lady that hit me had Progressive.I was going to get the tow truck driver to drop the truck at my work,but he suggested letting him take it to his lot so there'd be storage fees.I assumed it was more than anything to add to the money he'd make,but it definitely made the insurance company hurry up and come get it to assess it.I still spent a month negotiating with them on the settlement though.
Unfortunately, I'm sure that's part of the problem. I had them tow the truck back to her house so that it wouldn't accumulate storage fee's. We were still unsure about what was going to happen with insurance since she only had liability and was not 100% certain that the other driver would be considered at fault or be insured for that matter.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Anybody looking for a part time job? I need somebody for nights and weekends that can sell retail auto parts. Parts knowledge is a must, retail experience is a bonus. Message me for details.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:46 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

HEY GAY BOYS. Party at my house Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/179018475610947/
If you can't see the event, then add me... https://www.facebook.com/tongwoo1000

Music, Fire, Band?, Blood alcohol content, skateboarding, and brofag. Do it.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:39 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know of a cheap 90-91 crx si anywhere, shell, blown engine etc..? I mainly need some wiring, I'm almost at my breaking point with my car but I'm going to give it another shot and try to fix it again.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic