Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 12-27-2013, 06:32 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Proud new owner of my first legitimate DSLR... Got some more work related equipment on the way, but if anyone wants to shoot photo/video of their cars or whatever else, LMK!
Old 12-28-2013, 06:41 AM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

The lexus and the crx could both use some attention sometime
Old 01-27-2014, 02:32 AM
Registered member

OMG Z34 has disabled reputation

I'm looking to get my car wrapped in the near future...any suggestions on where to go? I just know I don't have the patience to do it myself.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:32 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I don't even think it's a matter of patience. It's something anyone can probably do, but can they do it flawless? I doubt I could.

Have you thought about talking to Jeff @ SS again?
Old 01-27-2014, 02:33 PM
wub wub wub wub

repost.... but not sure how! lol
Old 01-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by OMG Z34
I'm looking to get my car wrapped in the near future...any suggestions on where to go? I just know I don't have the patience to do it myself.
I'd Recommend Longwood Signworks on Rocky Mount. JP has been wrapping vehicles longer than anybody in this area.
If you're going for a solid color wrap,I'd consult whoever you decide on about where seams are going to be. I was going to wrap my FD, but after a lot of research I found that no material is capable of the stretching and matching contours a modern car would require, so you will have seams on the bumpers and possibly other unusually shaped areas of the car. With a graphic wrap it's easy to overlook this, but a solid color will show these, regardless of how well it's done.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Registered member

OMG Z34 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I don't even think it's a matter of patience. It's something anyone can probably do, but can they do it flawless? I doubt I could.

Have you thought about talking to Jeff @ SS again?
I haven't talked to him recently but I plan on doing so soon. I'm hoping to find someone with his skills that can do a better price.

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I'd Recommend Longwood Signworks on Rocky Mount. JP has been wrapping vehicles longer than anybody in this area.
If you're going for a solid color wrap,I'd consult whoever you decide on about where seams are going to be. I was going to wrap my FD, but after a lot of research I found that no material is capable of the stretching and matching contours a modern car would require, so you will have seams on the bumpers and possibly other unusually shaped areas of the car. With a graphic wrap it's easy to overlook this, but a solid color will show these, regardless of how well it's done.
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I am wanting to do a solid color. I know Jeff at Sun Solutions is more than capable, but of course the price is high. He did an amazing job on his car, no seams and it could pass for paint. I will contact JP!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Registered member

japscrap has disabled reputation

Does anyone local want too/may know someone with a 3rd gen dodge ram 1500 (02-05) that would want to trade there factory chrome bumpers for my set of herculined black bumpers? I know it's a long shot but i'm wanting to go back to chrome bumpers/emblems ect.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

The lot beside Premier rental is secured again this year for cruise night. Stop in and hang out for a while. We'll be there from lunch time on...
Old 11-29-2014, 08:08 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

I'm going to try to kickstart this shithole over the next week or so. Let's get it going. -At least so we can laugh at the fuckery.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic