Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kidinatype_s has disabled reputation
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by kerrisaysss
ehh ill pass on the mac's. i have to use one in a class im taking and i hate it. never can figure anything out and i just dont like how everything is on it. ill stick with windows ;D
it's really much, much more simple. PC people will never learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_kGL3M5Cg

Last edited by kidinatype_s; 11-29-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:47 PM
ERMAHGERD

kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss

ehhh. idk i like em but theyre just not my style. lulz.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by kidinatype_s
it's really much, much more simple. PC people will never learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_kGL3M5Cg
I lol'd and I raise you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLni3...layer_embedded

(stolen from night crew thread b/c its that funny)
Old 11-30-2009, 04:10 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
With you being all into photography you better learn to respect the white apple!

It'll be your friend.
yup.

when it comes time to upgrade my PC Ill be switching over.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I agree. I won't say they're the ultimate computer. I dont think its safe to say any computer is perfect. But over the years ive really grown to like mac. We have several PCs in the house (4 to be exact) and 3 Macs, and i will say i definitely will pick mac over any of the PCs.

Im a not a huge computer guy, but i do love that my mac still runs extremely fast even after 3 years, whereas the PCs/Dells we have run like molasses for reasons unknown, and some are newer. Probably spyware crap... Which i don't have a problem with on my mac.
Mac's are fine, but PC's are more standardized, as far as compatibility and components go. There really is hardly any difference between the two now, other than proprietary case (or lack of one) design, etc. You can ran most OS's on either platform now, so the real difference is the price, aesthetics, and the cool stickers you can put on your car (probably a VW or Euro brand).

I don't know about the newest laptops, but the old ones were a pain in the ass to do just about anything on. Probably for sacrifice to looking nice, there are pretty much no removable panels to access hard drives, memory, wireless cards, etc.

You have to open up the whole damn clamshell, and use the smallest torx bit head screw ever made (T4 or T5 maybe? can't remember).

Screw that shit, lol. They do seem to be well put together though...
Old 11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

With you being all into photography you better learn to respect the white apple!

It'll be your friend.
What professional level photo editing software for Mac's aren't available for PC?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:19 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by GaRn
What professional level photo editing software for Mac's aren't available for PC?
While not a huge issue anymore who wants to be editing photos only to have the program crash and loose all your work. -_- thats happened way to often...

I save drafts along the way to avert this.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GaRn
Sorry, I will take my mac over a PC any day, just plug in any camera, printer, or what ever and it just works, no need to load a bunch of crap on my computer to make it work. Don't have to worry about viruses, spam, and all that crap. Also when you see professionals using a computer to edit movies, photos, and any other professional editing programs, what do most of them use??? And hey they look so good, Also had no problem updating my cube, and she was still going strong till I had a water accident. What 10 year old PC do you see still working as good or better than it did when it was bought new????
Old 11-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

D1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kidinatype_s
Sorry, I will take my mac over a PC any day, just plug in any camera, printer, or what ever and it just works, no need to load a bunch of crap on my computer to make it work. Don't have to worry about viruses, spam, and all that crap. Also when you see professionals using a computer to edit movies, photos, and any other professional editing programs, what do most of them use??? And hey they look so good, Also had no problem updating my cube, and she was still going strong till I had a water accident. What 10 year old PC do you see still working as good or better than it did when it was bought new????
Mac's have plenty of problems concerning hardware and software. I've had several Mac's and all had QC issues. The Macbook I'm using right now has a horrible execution of a great design (Mag Safe Power Supply). Numerous people have had problems with the unit fraying and breaking at the cord. Unfortunately there is no way to repair this by splicing and such. Problems with the casing, battery took a shit and had to replace it (Took a shit way too early), and I've seen problems with the battery management unit not picking up the battery. Mind you this is a newer Intel based Mac.

Software? I have had to install drivers for cameras, printers, and numerous other components on my Mac.

Mac's hardware for the price is poor. I can build a PC that will absolutely demolish a Mac for half the price and still look just as "Aesthetically pleasing".

Viruses, spam, etc? They're out there trust me. They're not as prominent as they are for a Windows machine but they still exist. Mac has such a small share of the market at this point that they're not a huge target. Mac also had quite a few vulnerabilities that were exposed easily at a Hacker's convention a bit back (Within the last few months).

Pro's using Mac's for photos, editing, and so on? It's a half and half market. A lot of it depends on what you want to do, money, and so on. It actually has more to do with the software then the hardware.

But WTF is up with Mac charging so much damn money for simple things like RAM, HDDs, and the simple shit? XXX$ for a TB drive that I can buy online for 80$. It's because Mac has a image associated with it.

Where Mac shines is it's OS X as it is more stable (Though I've had programs crash on Mac) and uses less resources.

Don't get me wrong I do not like Microsoft but I have a powerful PC for certain things and my Mac's for web surfing and such. It's different stroker for different folks.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m
Mac's have plenty of problems concerning hardware and software. I've had several Mac's and all had QC issues. The Macbook I'm using right now has a horrible execution of a great design (Mag Safe Power Supply). Numerous people have had problems with the unit fraying and breaking at the cord. Unfortunately there is no way to repair this by splicing and such. Problems with the casing, battery took a shit and had to replace it (Took a shit way too early), and I've seen problems with the battery management unit not picking up the battery. Mind you this is a newer Intel based Mac.

Software? I have had to install drivers for cameras, printers, and numerous other components on my Mac.

Mac's hardware for the price is poor. I can build a PC that will absolutely demolish a Mac for half the price and still look just as "Aesthetically pleasing".

Viruses, spam, etc? They're out there trust me. They're not as prominent as they are for a Windows machine but they still exist. Mac has such a small share of the market at this point that they're not a huge target. Mac also had quite a few vulnerabilities that were exposed easily at a Hacker's convention a bit back (Within the last few months).

Pro's using Mac's for photos, editing, and so on? It's a half and half market. A lot of it depends on what you want to do, money, and so on. It actually has more to do with the software then the hardware.

But WTF is up with Mac charging so much damn money for simple things like RAM, HDDs, and the simple shit? XXX$ for a TB drive that I can buy online for 80$. It's because Mac has a image associated with it.

Where Mac shines is it's OS X as it is more stable (Though I've had programs crash on Mac) and uses less resources.

Don't get me wrong I do not like Microsoft but I have a powerful PC for certain things and my Mac's for web surfing and such. It's different stroker for different folks.
Agreed, on most except the price thing, yes there base line stuff is kinda high; But if you went to dell and built a performance PC, then when and built a Mac Pro to about the same, the Mac Pro actually a bit cheaper. Also i have yet to plug anything in to My mac and not have it just work

Last edited by kidinatype_s; 11-30-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic