Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 11-30-2009, 04:47 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: Western Off Topic

macs are overrated. i have a bad ass top of the line Mac and i prefer using my laptop with XP over it any day of the week. i cant do anything on my mac because its hard to find mac software...of course the last time i tried to find anything for the mac was a year or 2 ago

the only reason i like my mac, is the screen is bigger than my TV hah
Old 11-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

kidinatype_s has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
macs are overrated. i have a bad ass top of the line Mac and i prefer using my laptop with XP over it any day of the week. i cant do anything on my mac because its hard to find mac software...of course the last time i tried to find anything for the mac was a year or 2 ago

the only reason i like my mac, is the screen is bigger than my TV hah
Could be the reason??? and if you can't find it for a mac run boot camp
Old 11-30-2009, 04:57 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by kidinatype_s
Could be the reason??? and if you can't find it for a mac run boot camp
which was what i was going to do...but the computer is my dad's and it was for his "business" he had a friend set it up to where we couldnt download anything unless under his username...so i said fuck it and bought a laptop hah

i will say this tho..i used my mac for photoshop for the longest time. probably the only reason i would go back to mac is for photo editing.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about

too bad you car isnt as fast as your computer..
Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ntinhri
too bad you car isnt as fast as your computer..
Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Heres one for you Mac guys... I'm partial to Windows b/c its all I've ever known... So I stick to what I know... Buuuuuuuuuut I'm not longer a PC gamer and don't do anything but download music and surf the interwebs and save photos... Thats pretty much the jist of it... Should I get a Mac or stick to a PC... I'm on a budget too... Suggestions?
Old 12-01-2009, 04:54 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
While not a huge issue anymore who wants to be editing photos only to have the program crash and loose all your work. -_- thats happened way to often...

I save drafts along the way to avert this.
Not that I spend all day long in Photoshop or any other piece of the Adobe image/video/web editing suite, but i can't say I've ever had a single crash, or ever heard of any common issues, including while working at a place that had a couple labs with ~20 or so total PC's specific to image/video/web work.

Originally Posted by kidinatype_s
Sorry, I will take my mac over a PC any day, just plug in any camera, printer, or what ever and it just works, no need to load a bunch of crap on my computer to make it work. Don't have to worry about viruses, spam, and all that crap. Also when you see professionals using a computer to edit movies, photos, and any other professional editing programs, what do most of them use??? And hey they look so good, Also had no problem updating my cube, and she was still going strong till I had a water accident. What 10 year old PC do you see still working as good or better than it did when it was bought new????
Nothing to be sorry about I don't suppose. I don't understand the comparison, unless you are comparing that latest MacOS version to, say, Windows 2000 or previous, because that is rarely an issue. I haven't messed around with Windows 7 too much, but the little I have and what I have read, it has a great driver package. Unless you randomly click stuff, intentionally download and install all kinds of malware junk, or refuse to have auto-updates run for critical updates, it really isn't a problem. If you infect the hell out of your Windows install, it is probably your own fault.

I don't really see professionals editing movies and stuff, not sure on the split there, but like I said earlier, there is no inherent benefit on one platform or the other as far as making it better for that kind of stuff.

Macs are fine, I never said they sucked or anything. The commercials are pretty dang good too, lol!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Heres one for you Mac guys... I'm partial to Windows b/c its all I've ever known... So I stick to what I know... Buuuuuuuuuut I'm not longer a PC gamer and don't do anything but download music and surf the interwebs and save photos... Thats pretty much the jist of it... Should I get a Mac or stick to a PC... I'm on a budget too... Suggestions?
Really just comes down to how much you want to spend for what you get. Laptop or Dekstop?

Do you have a large TV in your main room? You could always build a HTPC (home theater PC) and hook it up to that, use it for a media center, DVR, internet, etc... There are specific linux distro's for just that, and some windows pieces of software as well.

That is probaby what I will do soon, since I don't really play games much anymore either
Old 12-01-2009, 06:06 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I've owned both Mac and PC. I started dabbling with web and graphic design when I was 11 years old, and progressively did more and more with it as I got the experience. I don't think it's fair to compare a Mac to a PC because there are so many variables for a PC and so few for a Mac. We could be comparing an old Emachine desktop from 1995 to a brand new Macbook for all I know.

As for being able to plug anything up and have the pc recognize it, I can't remember the last time I plugged anything up via USB and didn't have it recognize it. I never have to install software or drivers. I'm still usng Vista and when I plugged my Droid in for the first time, I didn't have any problems at all. I can mount the sd card as a temporary drive and drag and drop files. There are always going to be things out of your control, but I've found Vista to actually be pretty stable compared to previous OS.

Oh, and you can run Windows on a Mac btw.

I've owned, and will continue to own Mac's. I admit that I do prefer my Mac for graphic design and video editing.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

I was just asking what would be better for me... Music, pics, surf... Thats it... If I want somethin bad enough, I'll get the money...

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic