Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 12-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kidinatype_s has disabled reputation
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Pretty sure Garen is relatively knowledgeable on the subject, considering we're both in the IT field.

Windows/pc IS the standard. He's correct on that. I think Apple has made and will continue to make big gains on the competition, but I don't think they have what it takes to overtake the pc.

When you say read up, are you referring to Bill Gates being a thief, or what?
yea, I should have made clear what i was trying to say...... and yes thats what I was referring too.
Also know that PC is on top.....
Old 12-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kidinatype_s
Read up, thats all i'm going to stay......
If you are referring to the debacle over the origination of a GUI based OS, I think you are the one that needs to do some reading

Steve Jobs "stole" the idea from Xerox, and MS "stole" the idea from Apple. It was the logical direction regardless, so it is just a progression, thats all.

ETA: FYI, I'm not a Mac hater, I think they are quality computers, and obviously innovative.

Last edited by GaRn; 12-02-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:01 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
axles either go one of 2 ways for me: they pop right out, or i spend an hour prying and pulling and cussing.

bitchpin....im assuming your talking about the rear motor mount? actually your probably talking about the pin in the shift linkage arent you?

dbl post ftw
Mine should just come right out... And yes I was talkin bout the pin in the shift linkage...
Old 12-02-2009, 06:07 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Mine should just come right out... And yes I was talkin bout the pin in the shift linkage...
I dont understand why people have such hard problems with this... Buy the right sized punch... tap up... it comes out.. once again tap it back in. NEVER gave me problems.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

D1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the roughD1g1talV3n0m is a jewel in the rough

yea, I should have made clear what i was trying to say...... and yes thats what I was referring too.
Also know that PC is on top.....
I use PC and Mac and I can tell you everything Garan, Adam and myself have said is spot on. I know Garan personally and although he likes boys he knows computers.

Windows has around 85-90% of the market share when it comes to PCs. Does it mean it is better? No but it is not as bad as people may think. Is UNIX, Linux, and OSX a better platform? Yes for some things and not for others. It comes down to your needs and knowledge.

The biggest problem with Mac is the price. I can easily build a Windows/Linux based machine that WILL decimate a Mac as far as processing power is concerned. With the introduction of using GPUs for calculations and PC operations things are even that much more swayed towards the PC side. I don't believe Mac has had that software developed yet for good reason. Mac has a better OS platform as far as efficiency is concerned as it is UNIX based.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m
I use PC and Mac and I can tell you everything Garan, Adam and myself have said is spot on. I know Garan personally and although he likes boys he knows computers.

Windows has around 85-90% of the market share when it comes to PCs. Does it mean it is better? No but it is not as bad as people may think. Is UNIX, Linux, and OSX a better platform? Yes for some things and not for others. It comes down to your needs and knowledge.

The biggest problem with Mac is the price. I can easily build a Windows/Linux based machine that WILL decimate a Mac as far as processing power is concerned. With the introduction of using GPUs for calculations and PC operations things are even that much more swayed towards the PC side. I don't believe Mac has had that software developed yet for good reason. Mac has a better OS platform as far as efficiency is concerned as it is UNIX based.
Hey, no DAK TOUCHIN fgt!

Yea, and when I was referring to "PC" earlier, I was referring to just that, PC, not necessarily winderz, but Linux, BSD, etc. But now the platform is essentially the same so you can run about everything on everything, which is good!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 AM
Registered Member

kidinatype_s has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
If you are referring to the debacle over the origination of a GUI based OS, I think you are the one that needs to do some reading

Steve Jobs "stole" the idea from Xerox, and MS "stole" the idea from Apple. It was the logical direction regardless, so it is just a progression, thats all.

ETA: FYI, I'm not a Mac hater, I think they are quality computers, and obviously innovative.
yea i know, But i was talking about all the new Features in vista, that obviously came from the mac OS.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Yall MOFO's dont even talk to me,text me,say hi or anything..So i take it i dont exist anymore to yall
Old 12-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
I dont understand why people have such hard problems with this... Buy the right sized punch... tap up... it comes out.. once again tap it back in. NEVER gave me problems.
Apparently they're just stubborn... I've never dealt w/ them before but I just hear.....that they're a bitch... Hence, bitchpin...
Old 12-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Registered member

yea i know, But i was talking about all the new Features in vista, that obviously came from the mac OS.
Gotcha, I think there are several features MacOS borrowed as well, but hey, competition is good, us consumers end up with a better product in the end (Vista is not a good example of that though, lol!).

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic