Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western post whore thread of the week

Old 09-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Western post whore thread of the week

I taught a guy to blow glass about four months ago. He now makes $600 a week average tax free.

Inquire within...
Old 09-04-2006, 06:31 PM
beep beep

Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I taught a guy to blow glass about four months ago. He now makes $600 a week average tax free.

Inquire within...
anyone else's mind hit the gutter
Old 09-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Matt 5.9 has disabled reputation

no, not mine

i just thought about tangler
Old 09-05-2006, 03:23 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo

Inquire within...

Is that full time or something I could do on the side and still bring home some extra bacon?
Old 09-05-2006, 04:26 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Why not build a 1/4 mile drag strip? One of those would do pretty well in or around Roanoke. It would just be costly to get it kicked off but for someone of your wealth that should not be an issue.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:43 AM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Well there is definitely no comparison between a hotel in Roanoke, and a hotel in Myrtle Beach.. but they actually still get quite a bit of business. Not only are there a lot of other events in Roanoke (lots of shit that we never even hear about), but there are also a lot of people passing through on their way somewhere better. Opening a hotel would be all about location, but I think it could be successful just about anywhere. Like I said, you don't have to do anything except open the doors, basically.

I know at the beach, a small empty lot sold for 5 million bucks! Just an empty lot on the oceanfront!!! But if you really sit down and think about it, lets say that lot was 5 million.. and it cost another 3 million (I have no idea!) to build the hotel itself; You've spent 8 million dollars. In the scenario I gave you earlier, they have the capability of making $400,000 in less than a week during peak season. It might take a two or three summers to be in the green, but you're looking at a lot of profit in the long run.

this is wrong. your not going to make 400k everyweek. buildings are more than 3 mill your talking more 20-30 mil. and a hell of alot of upkeep costs. a commpressor for a rooftop unit alone will set you back 20-30K to get repaired. look into it and you will see what i mean.

on another note heres my advice, Starting a business on the basis of making money is not enough motivation.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Is that full time or something I could do on the side and still bring home some extra bacon?
This guy does it full time. But, you could put in as little or as much time as you want. I do it part time and make $300 or so a week from it.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:15 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by RightDiddy
this is wrong. your not going to make 400k everyweek. buildings are more than 3 mill your talking more 20-30 mil. and a hell of alot of upkeep costs. a commpressor for a rooftop unit alone will set you back 20-30K to get repaired. look into it and you will see what i mean.

on another note heres my advice, Starting a business on the basis of making money is not enough motivation.
Obviously. I realize you're not looking at $400,000 a week. That's also why I said during peak season. It could be more, could be less. Yes, maitenence is expensive on a large property like that. Yes, there are a lot of upkeep costs. I acknowledged that. The point is that it's a commodity that a lot of people are eager to spend quite a bit of money on, and in the right location, a large profit can be had (eventually)

I also realize a nice hotel would cost more than three million dollars to build.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:19 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by cootees
Why not build a 1/4 mile drag strip? One of those would do pretty well in or around Roanoke. It would just be costly to get it kicked off but for someone of your wealth that should not be an issue.
dude, fuck building a 1/4 drag strip..

if you're going to build a race track, might as well make it some sort of Nascar sanctioned track where the real money is. one of my buddies at work said there were people scalping tickets at Bristol for $800 a pop. I'd build the track, and keep lots of tickets for myself and pay someone a few bucks to scalp them at the gate. LOL!

but seriously, there might be money to be made with a 1/4 drag strip, but do you have any idea how much the cost for liability insurance is for any sort of structured race track? drag strip.. nascar track.. road course.. that shit is off the charts expensive. I guess the same could be said for any sort of legitimate business, but 'extreme sports' or whatever you want to categorize drag racing as, is very risky.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

dude, fuck building a 1/4 drag strip..

if you're going to build a race track, might as well make it some sort of Nascar sanctioned track where the real money is. one of my buddies at work said there were people scalping tickets at Bristol for $800 a pop. I'd build the track, and keep lots of tickets for myself and pay someone a few bucks to scalp them at the gate. LOL!

but seriously, there might be money to be made with a 1/4 drag strip, but do you have any idea how much the cost for liability insurance is for any sort of structured race track? drag strip.. nascar track.. road course.. that shit is off the charts expensive. I guess the same could be said for any sort of legitimate business, but 'extreme sports' or whatever you want to categorize drag racing as, is very risky.
Bristol tickest are sold out years iin advanced thats why they can scalp tickets for $800.

Insurance.. yeah it would be high but as long as you have each driver sign a waiver then they will not hav to fall back on theire insurance unless a building falls on them. Regardless, money bags makes it sound like money isn't an issue so I gav him an idea ot of my ass.

Quick Reply: Western post whore thread of the week