Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
friends with the owners.. lol.

I used to eat there regularly and everyone knows me by name and what I want to eat before I sit down
Matt still own it? I went to HS with him....
Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Matt still own it? I went to HS with him....
Matt's running it but as far as I know his parents still actually own it. They've been traveling the world and Mr. Bullington is doing photography as a hobby now. Good people.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:16 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
No offense but i'm glad they're slowly demolishing the trailer parks there. It's just like any beach, after many years, any small old houses/trailer parks will be gone and replaced by million dollar homes.

That's just the way development goes, but I prefer to look at million dollar homes than trailers. It also ups the value of the surrounding houses. In time, that's all that will be down there, so all the prices will continue to become inflated heh
yeah, its how greedy development goes. what really burns my ass on this deal was the fact that the kids blatantly disregarded contracts that the dad had with his tenants and basically gave them 30 days to get the fuck out. these are people that had lived there for 20+ years, most with not much money that bought their lots to retire and die there.

they basically just paid fines for kicking them out. bullshit. but, its what happens when a county feels that since about 80% of their tax revenue comes from one man-made resource, they can allow it.

i knew four people that lived there worked on the SML project in the late 70's. how would you feel if something you helped build would run you out of your home 25 years later?

and the whole thing with new homes upping the value of existing ones, well, that is a good thing, but it can also be a bad thing. unchecked real estate prices will cause problems later in life. increasing equity is a damn good thing for most people, but there are some people that built on SML a while back that are having to sell their houses because the taxes are too high due to increasing real estate values.

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Let me go on the record officially saying - FUCK MACADO'S

The guy that owns those restaurants is a low-life, non-bill-paying, shady mother fucker.

He screwed us out of many thousands of dollars many years ago that we are still trying to collect. We even took him to court and got a judgment filed against him, but because of how much money he has and who he knows, he can legally file bankruptcy and still keep his house and all his restaurants.

You couldn't pay me enough to ever set foot in one of those places again.

that seems to be a trend in business owners from this area.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of trailer parks, I'm in myrtle beach... Ummm... I don't think I'm going to come back here... but, it is a beach and I'm staying free.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by LLama
Speaking of trailer parks, I'm in myrtle beach... Ummm... I don't think I'm going to come back here... but, it is a beach and I'm staying free.
Did it really go that far down hill? It's always been spotty, but you're making me not want to go on the 4th... I'm going to Daytona in mid July too.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

daytona is a hell hole... feel free to come up to St Auggy and play some golf with me at the TPC Sawgrass...
Old 06-12-2008, 12:15 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

I miss playing golf... I need to bring my clubs up from my 'rents house so I can chip in the back yard. :P

:edit: I just got back from Myrtle Beach. Stayed at a condo on cresent beach. Seemed good and wasnt crowded at all after black bike week was over. :s The weekend we got down there was horrible. rest of the week :thumbsup:

Last edited by .Sarge.; 06-12-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Did it really go that far down hill? It's always been spotty, but you're making me not want to go on the 4th... I'm going to Daytona in mid July too.
Ahhh it isn't too bad... I'm just poking fun at all of the harley shit and such.

I went to daytona last year in june for a week... it was DEAD. They said from may-august is their off-season... wtf?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by LLama
In the last five years, that place has gone to shit. Which sucks because it used to me be nice back in the day and now there's a fucking Wings on every corner.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:05 PM
H House inc.

IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE IM A JOKE

buy my ps3

Quick Reply: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.