Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Capitalist Pig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
PLEASE get daddy to put enough money into the Supra to make 1000hp or better and race some of these bikes at the track

...and no to the 700hp, but there are a few 400+ hp turbo Busa's in the area. I haven't seen it yet, but there's also a turbo ZX14R in the works with nitrous on top of it. Of course, I don't think it would take 400+ hp on a Hayabusa or ZX14 to outrun a 700hp Supra.

As for the two of us running, it's not worth it to me in my current situation at the moment, but I'd like to in the future. I can't take that risk right now personally, for several reasons.
I understand. Let me know if you ever want to play around though, i'm always game.

I do know there are some insane Busas around, but i'm not really up for running those, even if the Supra was all built up. We'd need to be out west to really make use of all the horsepower both vehicles would have. The bikes i'm talking about messing with would be 600s and 750s, maybe some early 2000 model 1000s. But to my understanding, the new ZX10 outruns the Busas by far... so who the hell wants to mess with those, i'd just as soon go out and buy one before trying to build a car up to run with them haha.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:09 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
I understand. Let me know if you ever want to play around though, i'm always game.

I do know there are some insane Busas around, but i'm not really up for running those, even if the Supra was all built up. We'd need to be out west to really make use of all the horsepower both vehicles would have. The bikes i'm talking about messing with would be 600s and 750s, maybe some early 2000 model 1000s. But to my understanding, the new ZX10 outruns the Busas by far... so who the hell wants to mess with those, i'd just as soon go out and buy one before trying to build a car up to run with them haha.
I'm all for a friendly grudge match in the future, but I just can't risk it right now. If you just need to see how you fare against a bike in my class, let me know and I can make a few phone calls and I'm certain I can get a handful of people to come out and play. With that said, I had a very long weekend in the past for playing with a car and it was definitely not worth it. LOL!

I completely agree that there's no point in running for either person to try to make a point. There are plenty of long straight stretches of road in this area but it's not worth it IMHO. It's not like Arizona or even Houston/Galveston for that matter.

I don't see the point in having 500+ hp in Roanoke anyway.....
Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

I'm all for a friendly grudge match in the future, but I just can't risk it right now. If you just need to see how you fare against a bike in my class, let me know and I can make a few phone calls and I'm certain I can get a handful of people to come out and play. With that said, I had a very long weekend in the past for playing with a car and it was definitely not worth it. LOL!

I completely agree that there's no point in running for either person to try to make a point. There are plenty of long straight stretches of road in this area but it's not worth it IMHO. It's not like Arizona or even Houston/Galveston for that matter.

I agree. 525 is plenty for me, if you wind out the gears, within seconds you find yourself in the triple digits. 500 is enough to run most anything around here, unless you call someone out with their built car. Otherwise you'll hardly ever run into a car worth messing with. It's one thing if you're on a bike and need to run from the 5-0, but it's a little harder in a car. haha

I'll keep in touch with you to let you know if I wanna run any 600s. I've played with some GSXR600s and they're no joke. What 600s do you know of around here?

Right now, the guys i've driven/rode with are on hold. Craig (GSXR750) hit a deer last week, and bobby (CBR600RR) was cut off by a truck on 12 O'clock knob and ran his bike off the road totaling it. So not much activity has been going on with my buddies. They should have new bikes within the month though hopefully.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:23 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
I agree. 525 is plenty for me, if you wind out the gears, within seconds you find yourself in the triple digits. 500 is enough to run most anything around here, unless you call someone out with their built car. Otherwise you'll hardly ever run into a car worth messing with. It's one thing if you're on a bike and need to run from the 5-0, but it's a little harder in a car. haha

I'll keep in touch with you to let you know if I wanna run any 600s. I've played with some GSXR600s and they're no joke. What 600s do you know of around here?

Right now, the guys i've driven/rode with are on hold. Craig (GSXR750) hit a deer last week, and bobby (CBR600RR) was cut off by a truck on 12 O'clock knob and ran his bike off the road totaling it. So not much activity has been going on with my buddies. They should have new bikes within the month though hopefully.
I'm doing triple digits at the bottom of second gear.

As for what 600 class bikes I know of around here, I know most everyone. If not the name, probably the face and bike. I can find you just about anything from Aprilia's to Triumph's... Kawasaki's, Suzuki's, Honda's, Yamaha's. There are hundreds, maybe even thousands of sportbikes in Roanoke, believe it or not. You're bound to be able to line up with the same bikes with different mods to see how well you do. For instance, if you raced a stock Suzuki GSX-R 600, you could probably find one that's been geared with an exhaust and power commander. Night and day difference.

I'm getting ready to order velocity stacks for mine and taking it to have it mapped and tuned. There aren't really any specific maps for my exhaust, so it would be nice to have a custom tune done. I'm going to play around with the velocity stacks and see how it turns out. Typically, you're either going to gain low end and lose top end, or the other way around depending on the length of the stacks. I'm also considering gearing it but I really like the way it runs already, so I'm not sure if I even want to regear it. A custom tune would make a night and day difference.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Capitalist Pig

Oh I know,
The bike i've messed with so far have all been modded. Like the GSXR750 was geared, had a track pipe, and a power commander. As did all the 600s that we were with too. It was crazy.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

hit a deer on a bike? ouch!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
hit a deer on a bike? ouch!
Happens more often than you'd think. In fact, did this happen over the weekend? If so, I think a friend of mine was the one that pulled him up out of the ditch. He asked me to go on that ride and I turned it down because I wanted to relax...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Remember what it felt like when you went to jail and your stance on things like this was very apologetic, regretful, and enlightened to the point that you'd never dabble with it?

What happened?

Your friendly common-sense reminder,
-LLama.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:13 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by LLama
Remember what it felt like when you went to jail and your stance on things like this was very apologetic, regretful, and enlightened to the point that you'd never dabble with it?

What happened?

Your friendly common-sense reminder,
-LLama.
Did you read my post? I said it's not worth it

On the other hand, I'm all for watching other people do it. It's just not worth the risk of ending up in the same situation. It cost a lot of money and gave me a reality check aside from the money aspect.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read my post? I said it's not worth it

On the other hand, I'm all for watching other people do it. It's just not worth the risk of ending up in the same situation. It cost a lot of money and gave me a reality check aside from the money aspect.
So why promote other people doing it... IDGI.

Quick Reply: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.