Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:17 PM
GT-Four Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze
Default Re: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Heiss... is Hammersley always that empty!? When I went to try those shoes out I saw 3 people the whole time I was there!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 97svt/01saleen
Yea, I think you woud need a little more than 700whp to run with today's litre bikes.

What does Roanoke have to do with 500hp? Thats like saying you don't need a sportbike in Roanoke. You can corner just fine on a cruiser. But the cruiser wont spurt up to 120-130 and slow back down in a heartbeat.

I think you could use 5,6,700whp car anywhere. You don't have to race to enjoy the power, there are plenty of short straights or on ramps out there. I'll give you this though, the car won't slow down like the bike will typically.
Yeah I know what you mean, but it also depends on the setup too. A 700-800whp Supra, setup right, can break into the 9s...Just as a today's liter bike will.

So again it really depends on the setup, and what speeds you're talking about, but i've always heard bikes aren't as fast in the triple digits as they are from the single/double digits. I could be wrong though.

In addition, it depends on the car's setup as far as whether or not it'll stop as fast as a bike. I've been told that depending on a car's braking system it has the potential to outbrake a bike. The bike is much lighter, but it only has two wheels and only a few square inches of rubber upon which to stop...

The same applies to a car, but who knows. I remember Craig telling me my car would surely outstop his 07 GSXR750 due to my brakes, but i'm not sure... We haven't really tried. Maybe we will once his bike is back together, we'll do a 100-0 brake. Sounds funny, is that illegal if a cop sees you doing that? (Granted he clocks you doing below 60 but suddenly dropping to 0) hahaha

Originally Posted by Letze
Heiss... is Hammersley always that empty!? When I went to try those shoes out I saw 3 people the whole time I was there!
Haha depends on where you go, if it was the parts dept. they only have like 3-5 guys working there heh
Old 06-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

97svt/01saleen has disabled reputation

Yea, I was leaning towards 800whp. Def. depends on the set-up. I agree with supras running 9's in that power range, but from a roll I think it is more important to look at trap speed. Most litre bikes trap high 140's low 150's. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The supras are probably very close to that trap but the bike is slowing at that point. I guess my point is, it is one thing to run a bike down at 150 and pull a car or two to 180. It is another thing to jump out on the hit and keep pulling to 180
Old 06-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Either way it would be f'n sick
Old 06-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

it'd also be another thing for two pebbles to be in the air at 150. One hits the car, one hits the biker, wonder what happens?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
it'd also be another thing for two pebbles to be in the air at 150. One hits the car, one hits the biker, wonder what happens?
Let alone a big ol' june bug.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by 97svt/01saleen
Let alone a big ol' june bug.
The last thing you would see:

before you woke up and saw this:

Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Christ, 140 - 150mph traps, fuck that. A car trapping that high would be uncontrollable on the street without being 100% setup correctly.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Fanatacism

orrickr has disabled reputation

sigh..
Old 06-17-2008, 08:41 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by orrickr
sigh..
Reece... stop being gay!

Quick Reply: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.