Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:01 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Originally Posted by 97svt/01saleen
Also, have you done any track days there? Do I need anything else other than a full suit?
Absolutely.

As for what you need, most entry level track days don't require much work or money in all honesty... but it all depends on which organization you're running with. In most cases, for entry level, you'll just need to tape up your lights and speedometer and do a little safety wiring on the basics: oil drain plug, oil fill cap, oil filter... They typically want you to run either a race coolant or straight water in the radiator as well.

I know CCS required kickstand/sidestand removal or for it to be safety wired in an upright position.

What organization are you interested in?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

97svt/01saleen has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Absolutely.

As for what you need, most entry level track days don't require much work or money in all honesty... but it all depends on which organization you're running with. In most cases, for entry level, you'll just need to tape up your lights and speedometer and do a little safety wiring on the basics: oil drain plug, oil fill cap, oil filter... They typically want you to run either a race coolant or straight water in the radiator as well.

I know CCS required kickstand/sidestand removal or for it to be safety wired in an upright position.

What organization are you interested in?
To be honest I have no idea about which orginization, all I know is that I would like to be on the track.

I would really be interested in learning proper lean angles and body position.

So I dont need a full suit?

Also, do you have an opinion on cycle shack and their tuning capability?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:10 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

To be honest I have no idea about which orginization, all I know is that I would like to be on the track.

I would really be interested in learning proper lean angles and body position.

So I dont need a full suit?

Also, do you have an opinion on cycle shack and their tuning capability?
Heh, I'll PM you about the tuning...

As for the full suit and the learning riding techniques, I'd gladly help you out or at least point you in the right direction. I'm free right now so if you want to ride and hit a few of my favorite roads I'll be glad to give you some pointers and/or feedback on where you could improve. I'd also suggest getting in on the next California Superbike School entry level trackday and you can ride THEIR bikes and get personal instruction. Keith and his son Dylan Code are amazing!

In regards to the suit, what size leathers do you wear? I have a one piece and two piece... If you can fit, I'd probably let you borrow for your first event. I can score you a good leather suit (1 or 2 piece) relatively cheap.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Heh, I'll PM you about the tuning...

As for the full suit and the learning riding techniques, I'd gladly help you out or at least point you in the right direction. I'm free right now so if you want to ride and hit a few of my favorite roads I'll be glad to give you some pointers and/or feedback on where you could improve. I'd also suggest getting in on the next California Superbike School entry level trackday and you can ride THEIR bikes and get personal instruction. Keith and his son Dylan Code are amazing!

In regards to the suit, what size leathers do you wear? I have a one piece and two piece... If you can fit, I'd probably let you borrow for your first event. I can score you a good leather suit (1 or 2 piece) relatively cheap.
Isn't it wet out? I currently do not have a set of full leathers, but I'm about 5'11" and 165 lbs. if that helps. I guess the California superbike school at VIR? Do they have a website?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Just read up on their website. The school looks like just what I want. Thanks.

But... Kawis??????? lol I'm joking.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

fcrsxtypes has disabled reputation

The blue/white one in the background is a 750 and the orange/black is a 1000
We can def get up and ride together if you would like. A few of us usually ride every weekend.
Hell yeah just PM me sometime and let me know when yall are going and I will try to get up with yall.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:51 AM
wub wub wub wub

Just read up on their website. The school looks like just what I want. Thanks.

But... Kawis??????? lol I'm joking.
Go to CSS and ride their Kawasaki's set up for the track and you'll never want to sit on your Suzuki again!

Besides, Keith Code is a legend...

I think I might have some leathers that will fit you. The full two piece may be a little loose but I think the pants would fit your height/weight pretty well. You may want to use your leather jacket with the pants I have if you have a leather jacket. If not, let me know and I can point you in the right direction to score good gear pretty cheap.

Most schools and organizations will rent leathers to you as well.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Saw some nice cars on 81 south today. Anybody know of what might be going on? I saw a black duelly towing what looked to be a R33 Skyline (black or Charcoal) Another truck towing a nice yellow Conquest/Starion. Also saw two nice mustangs that looked to be more of show cars. Does that seem weird to anybody else, imports were the race cars and mustangs were the show cars.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:41 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

They have a new GTr at the dealership if anyone is interested in checking one out....
Old 08-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

mike14fisher is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw a nice looking Subaru Sti on 460E and Locust street in Princeton, WV today, at 1pm. Gold color, with black rims. Looked like it said CSEPerformance, or something like that on the side. I wanted to follow and get a better look but the damn light wouldn't turn green. Is it anybody on here?

Quick Reply: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.