Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:40 AM
It tilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

For Sushi: Ben Gui (In Harrsionburg Cafe Jako(sp) Is the best damn one..try the crispy spicy tuna)

For Greasy Spoon: Texas Tavern..I recommend an bowl width and an cheesy western all the way

Chinese Take out: China Star near Hollins 5 bucks gets you and big ass dish of food and soup

Chinese Sit down: Nanjing

Indian: Nawab Downtown has an ok lunch buffet for the real deal try there dinner....It's wonderful

Pizza: New York Pizza in Vinton best cheese steaks and pizza

Deli: The New York Deli on Williamson

Best Country Meal: The Home Place at Catawba (Damn Good)

Best seafood and steak: Surf n Turf in Grandin...Now that’s an steak/seafood combo dinner no one can beat

Best sit down lunch: Country Cooking & Famous Anthony’s

Irish Pub: Annie Moores The pecan encrusted brie was awesome....So are there "bangers and mash"

Best pulled pork bbq: Henrey Memphis in Salem & Towers!

Best Dry Rub Ribs: Hollywood’s Damn good dry ribs but expensive

Best Hamburgers and fries: Five guys burgers and fries in salem!

And of course

K&W Best chicken strips
O Charleys: Best rolls and soup
Logan’s makes the best sweat potatoes
Gracie’s Place in grandin Awesome pizza and service
Zaxsbys(sp) Awesome on the go chicken the slaw sucks though

Places i have yet to try

Metro
Franky Rolands
Carlos
Tokyo
Old 06-01-2008, 08:56 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
For Sushi: Ben Gui (In Harrsionburg Cafe Jako(sp) Is the best damn one..try the crispy spicy tuna)

For Greasy Spoon: Texas Tavern..I recommend an bowl width and an cheesy western all the way

Chinese Take out: China Star near Hollins 5 bucks gets you and big ass dish of food and soup

Chinese Sit down: Nanjing

Indian: Nawab Downtown has an ok lunch buffet for the real deal try there dinner....It's wonderful

Pizza: New York Pizza in Vinton best cheese steaks and pizza

Deli: The New York Deli on Williamson

Best Country Meal: The Home Place at Catawba (Damn Good)

Best seafood and steak: Surf n Turf in Grandin...Now that’s an steak/seafood combo dinner no one can beat

Best sit down lunch: Country Cooking & Famous Anthony’s

Irish Pub: Annie Moores The pecan encrusted brie was awesome....So are there "bangers and mash"

Best pulled pork bbq: Henrey Memphis in Salem & Towers!

Best Dry Rub Ribs: Hollywood’s Damn good dry ribs but expensive

Best Hamburgers and fries: Five guys burgers and fries in salem!

And of course

K&W Best chicken strips
O Charleys: Best rolls and soup
Logan’s makes the best sweat potatoes
Gracie’s Place in grandin Awesome pizza and service
Zaxsbys(sp) Awesome on the go chicken the slaw sucks though

Places i have yet to try

Metro
Franky Rolands
Carlos
Tokyo
IMO you're way off on a few things... You think K&W has the best chicken? Texas Steakhouse and/or Jersey Lily's FTW when it comes to chicken tenders.

Carlos has amazing steak! I haven't ventured to try anything other than a filet there, but everything LOOKS good. I'm not a very adventurous eater. I've been wanting to try new things but I hate the thought of having an entire meal after hating the first bite. I need to hang out with the food critic from the Roanoke Times so I can sample his/her dishes when they go out. lol

Frankie Rolands has good food as well but it's always been relatively loud when I've ate there, and to me that ruins the ambience. That's why a few of the employees left and created Table 50, which I wasn't particularly impressed with either.

The Library had a decent quiet environment if you want to have a meal and be able to talk to your dinner date.

Not particularly impressed with 419 West. It's a nice place and has pretty good food, but I do think it's a little overrated.

One place I really miss is the Ye Ole English Inn... Boy did they have an excellent steak, and there were never more than a few other people in there.

I wish we had a Ruth's Chris locally! They have one of the best steaks you can get in a chain as far as I'm concerned! The pictures on their website make my mouth water, literally. Here, take a look:

We should all get together at Fork In The Alley sometime...
Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 AM
It tilts

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
IMO you're way off on a few things... You think K&W has the best chicken? Texas Steakhouse and/or Jersey Lily's FTW when it comes to chicken tenders.

Carlos has amazing steak! I haven't ventured to try anything other than a filet there, but everything LOOKS good. I'm not a very adventurous eater. I've been wanting to try new things but I hate the thought of having an entire meal after hating the first bite. I need to hang out with the food critic from the Roanoke Times so I can sample his/her dishes when they go out. lol

Frankie Rolands has good food as well but it's always been relatively loud when I've ate there, and to me that ruins the ambience. That's why a few of the employees left and created Table 50, which I wasn't particularly impressed with either.

The Library had a decent quiet environment if you want to have a meal and be able to talk to your dinner date.

Not particularly impressed with 419 West. It's a nice place and has pretty good food, but I do think it's a little overrated.

One place I really miss is the Ye Ole English Inn... Boy did they have an excellent steak, and there were never more than a few other people in there.

I wish we had a Ruth's Chris locally! They have one of the best steaks you can get in a chain as far as I'm concerned! The pictures on their website make my mouth water, literally. Here, take a look:

We should all get together at Fork In The Alley sometime...

K&W Actully breads there there the day of and frys them giving them an very juicey meat and excellent texture unlike jersey lillies and texas steak house there's taste like the chicken tenders i get at sams club in bulk....

Iam just biased than to K&W

So when are we going on our date to fork in the alley

Also forgot to add!

Best steaks i have ever tasted were at Hops..an combo microbrewer/steakhouse...steak came out with perfect grill marks..grilled JUST the way i ordered it...no extra fat extreamly tastey and i could cut that bad boy with an fork thats just how tender it was...
Old 06-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

I think "Just the Right Gear" in Salem just started to carry the wet suits. Call first.

Fork in the Alley has only been good for three things in my opinion from what I have tired. The beer, Hot dogs and the pizza. I don't want to try anything else as I have been very disappointed more than once.

Anybody have a favorite place for chicken wraps. Mine is buffalo wild wings. I do like All sports too but we ate there last night and most likely won't go back for a good while.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:53 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by MVaughn
I think "Just the Right Gear" in Salem just started to carry the wet suits. Call first.

Fork in the Alley has only been good for three things in my opinion from what I have tired. The beer, Hot dogs and the pizza. I don't want to try anything else as I have been very disappointed more than once.

Anybody have a favorite place for chicken wraps. Mine is buffalo wild wings. I do like All sports too but we ate there last night and most likely won't go back for a good while.
I haven't been to the Fork yet. I've tried to go several times and for whatever reason, we never made it to a table. I just like the environment. I'm all for eating outdoors when possible! That little pizza/pasta place on 419 near the Sheetz has a pretty cool atmosphere and the pizza was good.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I haven't been to the Fork yet. I've tried to go several times and for whatever reason, we never made it to a table. I just like the environment. I'm all for eating outdoors when possible! That little pizza/pasta place on 419 near the Sheetz has a pretty cool atmosphere and the pizza was good.

We will have to go. I have to agree, having place that has outdoors eating is a big plus during the summer. It's really nice at the fork when it's a little cold and they have the heaters going outside. I am really surprised that All Sports doesn't do more w/ the small space they have outdoors. The place in Grandin has a nice setup on the wood deck. I forgot the name. We eat out way too much.

One of my favorite places to eat a club sandwich is at Bramelton Deli. You have to get it heated along w/ some ranch is you like ranch.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:50 AM
It tilts

When yall want to go..iam up for it now
Old 06-01-2008, 11:25 AM
wub wub wub wub

Is it nice out today? I haven't even looked outside...
Old 06-01-2008, 11:50 AM
It tilts

Yep...pretty nice
Old 06-01-2008, 12:00 PM
wub wub wub wub

Mango's anyone?

Quick Reply: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.