Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

Old 06-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

Originally Posted by WheelPowerRacin
Saw a couple of you guys at the Track Daze event at VIR the other weekend. I thought I recognized the "striped" hatch. I apologize for not having time to come over & meet/talk in person but things were kind of hectic. You guys were doing well on track, but the turbo Integra ended up having some transmission issues on Sunday, right?
Hey,didn't realize you were from the area!I wanted to stop and check your car out and talk to you,but kind of the same thing-between some issues with the cars and having some other friends stopping by,there was just no extra time to do anything.Next time you see us there,definitely come by!Just curious,what kind of times does your car turn on Full?
I'm not sure what happened to the Integra.I don't know the driver and honestly I didn't even realize anything happened to it.It was pretty unusual to see multiple FI Hondas at the same event!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:59 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPRB9PVsJs&hd=1
Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

WheelPowerRacin has disabled reputation

You were at ITRExpo last year (CMP) also, right? Are you going this year, I'm registered. I am somewhat new to VIR in the car, done many days there on the bike, so I was trying to get my lap times down for the Ultimate Track Car Challenge next month. Took 4 seconds off my previous best on Saturday, but Drue had to leave so I had no one timing me Sunday. I know I picked up time Sunday, but think I'm still about 3-4 seconds from where I need to be at the UTCC. I live above Lynchburg on the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you are on Facebook you can find our track schedule at http://www.facebook.com/wheelpowerracing .
Old 06-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by WheelPowerRacin
You were at ITRExpo last year (CMP) also, right? Are you going this year, I'm registered. I am somewhat new to VIR in the car, done many days there on the bike, so I was trying to get my lap times down for the Ultimate Track Car Challenge next month. Took 4 seconds off my previous best on Saturday, but Drue had to leave so I had no one timing me Sunday. I know I picked up time Sunday, but think I'm still about 3-4 seconds from where I need to be at the UTCC. I live above Lynchburg on the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you are on Facebook you can find our track schedule at http://www.facebook.com/wheelpowerracing .
Yeah,we were at Expo last year.I was going to go,but the budget won't allow all that long of a trip right now.I'll be at the Trackdaze VIR Grand event,and that's probably it for this year.What's your target time for the UTCC?I may try to come down to spectate at that event,but I think it'll just make me depressed,LOL.

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
[video=youtube;aoPRB9PVsJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPRB9PVsJs&hd=1[/vieo]
I need to get with you about taking some pics of the M3.My photography skills are horrible,and I'd really like some nice pics of it with the new wheels.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:32 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I need to get with you about taking some pics of the M3.My photography skills are horrible,and I'd really like some nice pics of it with the new wheels.
I'm certainly not a great photographer, but I think I generally have a good eye for what makes a good shot and I know a lot of good spots

If this guy buys my Kawasaki, I think I'm going to step up all of my equipment. Let's do some video too! The M3 looks much better than I thought it would with gold wheels. I was against the gold, but they look awesome!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute1739gvr4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Let's do some video too!
I want some good video's of my car haha.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Registered Member

WheelPowerRacin has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=TNGChris;7832375].What's your target time for the UTCC? [QUOTE]

Target with the stock b16 is in the 2:20 neighborhood, I still have a ways to go. Chad Slagg was the fastest UTCC Honda last year with a 2:11 I think, but he has lots more track experience (especially at VIR) & is running a K. There is no way I can get near that time. I'll be bringing up the rear of the group, one of the "backmarkers". I know I'm braking early at the end of the backstretch & a couple other areas where I need to "man up". I ran your 2 lap You-Tube video simultaneously with my Saturday 2 lap You-Tube video for fun & it would have been a good race, but you won those 2 laps. Hopefully the time I picked up Sunday got me closer to my goal. I don't run VIR again until the UTCC. We are running Charlotte Motor Speedway July 7, but that won't help lower my VIR times.
You were running in black Sunday right? Next Track Daze event let me know and I'll go out in black so we can run some lead/follow for a few laps.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered member

[QUOTE=WheelPowerRacin;7833691][QUOTE=TNGChris;7832375].What's your target time for the UTCC?

Target with the stock b16 is in the 2:20 neighborhood, I still have a ways to go. Chad Slagg was the fastest UTCC Honda last year with a 2:11 I think, but he has lots more track experience (especially at VIR) & is running a K. There is no way I can get near that time. I'll be bringing up the rear of the group, one of the "backmarkers". I know I'm braking early at the end of the backstretch & a couple other areas where I need to "man up". I ran your 2 lap You-Tube video simultaneously with my Saturday 2 lap You-Tube video for fun & it would have been a good race, but you won those 2 laps. Hopefully the time I picked up Sunday got me closer to my goal. I don't run VIR again until the UTCC. We are running Charlotte Motor Speedway July 7, but that won't help lower my VIR times.
You were running in black Sunday right? Next Track Daze event let me know and I'll go out in black so we can run some lead/follow for a few laps.
The thought of anything below a 2:15 in an NA Honda blows my mind.Chad's car is set up very well and makes a lot of power,but I still think it's at best a 2:15 car.That other time comes from Chad driving the everliving shit out of it!
If you're going to be at the Grand event I'd definitely like to go out in the same group and mess around-it's always fun to get another FF car out there.
The back section at Charlotte(the last few turns in the infield before you come out back on the oval)has a lot of similarity to the rollercoaster complex at VIR.That may transfer back there,but the end of the back straight is just a matter of pushing the braking deeper and getting comfortable being hard on the brakes while bending the car through the kink.It's really hard in an FF since they're usually set up very "loose" to help them turn.In a RWD car it's much,much easier to compress all that.Every once in a while I get it right,but a lot of the time I puss out and end up braking,then turning in and braking again.If you can get it right there is a lot of time you can make up there.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Registered member

Spotted the first FR-S I've seen.Blue,in the Salem/419 area.Been seeing it a lot over the past week.

Also spotted a silver,otherwise stock Miata with NO springs on it.Like,tucking stock wheels.It was sitting at a stoplight when I saw it,so I didn't get to see him bouncing down the road.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 PM
wub wub wub wub

Just spotted OMG Z34 drinking a bottle of Tapatio at Rancho Viejo for money.. lol

Quick Reply: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD