Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

Old 07-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Bewst!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED
Default Re: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

I prefer 4 wheels on the ground myself.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:14 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
I prefer 4 wheels on the ground myself.
There's almost no better feeling than connecting with the road on a motorcycle.. It's really NOTHING like driving a car, turning the steering wheel, and hitting the gas.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Spooln4
^ Wow don't see that everyday, ducati's are so refined and sexy I'd love to own one. I'd also love to have an S1000r as well .
The S1000R is badass too,but it's like it has no soul,if that makes any sense.It seems almost robotic in how it works so well.On the other hand,all the Japanese bikes seem that way to me also anymore.The crossplane crank R1s sound amazing,but the styling doesn't do anything for me.
It just seems like the all-out battle to build the closest thing to a superbike with a license plate attached that's been happening the past few years has put the styling as a distant priority.I know the ultimate goal is performance,but any current 600 has more performance than anybody could/should use on the street.The Ducatis seem to still have some inspiration as far as the styling and design.

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
1199 Panigale.

Personally, I've never been a huge Duc' fan, but they do look sessy! It's hard for me to justify $17,000+ on a sportbike!
I left a 1 out.oops.
The price is crazy.Of course,the gap is smaller than it used to be too though.The Jap bikes keep going up in price,where the 1199 base price is the same as the 999 when it came out in the early 2000's(and the 1199 is much more bike relative to the competition than the 999 was).Considering the Jap bikes are now close to $14k,it makes $17k not seem so crazy.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

I hate Ducatis. They are overpriced and heavy. Yeah, they're pretty, but Fuck a bike. I like having something I can thrash and not give a shit about. I bought that last 07 600RR brand new, drove it home, parked it in the driveway and kicked it over, just to establish the fun.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:38 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TongWoo
I hate Ducatis. They are overpriced and heavy. Yeah, they're pretty, but Fuck a bike. I like having something I can thrash and not give a shit about. I bought that last 07 600RR brand new, drove it home, parked it in the driveway and kicked it over, just to establish the fun.
And when I found out you sold that bike, a piece of me died... You're a talented stunt rider, homie! Drifting is for Arab's!

If I ride again, which I hope I will eventually, I'll probably never buy another new bike... Used is the only way to go, and though I like the styling of the bikes you've mentioned, my heart has always been in Kawasaki's. I've owned or ridden everything else and nothing else compares for me personally. Never the less, if I do buy yet another bike in the future, it'll damn sure be used regardless of my financial situation.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Thanks, bro! Used is the way to go. I think I'll just set up a nice motard if I get another.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:14 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

You're completely right.It's kind of like seeing a Ferrari:it's a beautiful machine,and I'd love to get a chance to drive/ride it,but ultimately I couldn't own one because it's just too nice for me......And most people that own them are pricks anyway.
This new model has finally fixed the weight and power issues compared to the Jap inline-4 bikes.From everything I've read,it's lighter than most of the other literbikes and make comparable power(albeit with a 200cc advantage).Again though,performance isn't an issue with ANY of the current sportbikes,it all comes down to personal preference as far as styling/brand,and I'm not a Ducati guy at all,but I think this bike looks amazing.

Thanks, bro! Used is the way to go. I think I'll just set up a nice motard if I get another.
This!Sportbikes for the most part just don't interest me anymore.I'd love to take a 450cc motocross bike and convert it to street/motard use.I considered doing this with my CRF250r,but the engine rebuild intervals would come way too soon with street use.The "motard" bikes available from the manufacturers are mostly poser bikes with shitty(ish) suspension and by the time they get the engines durable they make about half the power of their motocross counterparts.
I think a CRF450x with 17" sport tires and a tag bracket would be the most fun ever.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:39 PM
wub wub wub wub

Spotted a Mazdaspeed 3 and a 370Z the other day... Just so happened to have the camera mounted to them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DMhCRPzBAc&fmt=18
Old 07-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89

lol left after the tunnel is where I work
Old 07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Spotted a Mazdaspeed 3 and a 370Z the other day... Just so happened to have the camera mounted to them!
Damn dude, that's awesome. If you don't mind I'd love to meet up one day and do quick vid of my car, but I won't have anything on that Z. Pure sex

Quick Reply: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD