Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET

Old 03-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaegermeister has disabled reputation
Default Re: WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET

...Check the event wall (http://www.WVRCM.info) , I think you guys will like the new addition.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

if i can get the 240sx aligned/inspected before this weekend, i will most definitely be coming. My car wont look pretty, but by god it will be on the road for the first time since buying it!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:51 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Likes this
Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS (To maintain order, to stay out of trouble, and be accident-free):

- When leaving Lee Hi Travel Plaza, stay in a single file line and merge into the right lane of Route 11. Do not rush out.

-Groups will have priorities over singles and will likely choose to be towards the front.The groups attending the event will be the Firehouse Crew (of Lynchburg,)
Team DOHC (of Lynchburg,) and Empire (of Roanoke.)

- To avoid "parading" the left lane will only be used when passing traffic, to make a change in car order, or to take video/pictures. Otherwise stay to the right.

- We are encouraging everybody to be settled within their spots(order) before turning off of Route 11 (as filming will begin afterwards.) But in the case that the person in front of you is lagging behind, please make the pass legally. Do NOT pass on double line.

- Camera cars will be using the left lane when filming. Filming will begin on i64. Allow camera cars to re-enter their previous spots once they are done filming.

- Due to the number of cars attending, the pace will be conservative in nature. We are still asking trucks and SUVs to stay towards the back. It is also suggested
that inexperienced drivers do too.

- The drive is not a loop and so once we reach Waynesboro it will be a free-for-all. Do as you wish: Travel back, stop to eat, etc. It is only requested that before we reach Waynesboro you respect these instructions.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Sigh....i will not be able to attend.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:31 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Sigh....i will not be able to attend.
neither will i.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:57 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
neither will i.
Maybe next time guys.

There are concerns of the weather - But looking at forecasts the possibility of rain is 30% (And less the more south you go.) Or 70% Sunshine. Unless it is a down pour, the event will go on. Chances are in our favor.

In the case that rain is likely to intercept our route (And I will confirm this with radar) - We can take the Blue Ridge Park Way to Roanoke instead. I will have this map available soon of the alternate route.

The rain date is a last resort as it will be difficult to acquire all the photographers for that day and a lot of people took off in advance to make this.

As a reminder for caravans:
http://www.WVRCM.info/map.html

Lynchburg will have a group leaving the BP/Apple Market in Boonsboro.
And Roanoke will be meeting at the old Blockbuster / Advance Auto.
A large group will also be leaving from my place but are leaving early.

Event says 11:00AM, you can arrive as early as 10:30AM.

One last thing, people have asked me how much would this drive cost:
Route is 145 miles long. Less than a tank of gas. You do the math.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:28 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

I should be going. Hopefully the car will pass inspection tomorrow. It looks like hell but rolls. Ill probably have an extra seat if anyone wants to ride up.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:43 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

I hope to be there. Looks to be a good time!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Bitch
I hope to be there. Looks to be a good time!
Awesome.

One more day. I want to remind everybody a few things and ask people who haven't scanned the Event Wall to do so (http://www.WVRCM.info)

Forecast:
Forecasts says 20%-30% rain depending where you look. I will be keeping an eye out on radar tonight and tomorrow but the show will go on (with a possible re-route.)

Meeting Location:
We are meeting at Lee Hi Travel Plaza. Lee Hi Travel Plaza has been featured on the Travel Channel on Extreme Truck Stops. Bring an empty belly (Berkey's restaurant) and an empty gas tank.

If you choose to drive alone or with your own group, here are directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...8&z=16&iwloc=A

Caravans:
Groups from Lynchburg and Roanoke will be caravaning to the event. Thank you Team DOHC and Empire for organizing these.

Lynchburg meet at 9:00AM (Organized by Team DOHC)
BP/Applemarket in Boonsboro
6097 Boonsboro Road
Lynchburg, Virginia, 24503

Roanoke meet at 9:30AM (Organized by Empire)
Advance Auto/Old Blockbuster
5329 Williamson Rd # A
Roanoke, VA 24012-1435

Check the map at http://www.WVRCM.info/map.html for additional information on meeting spots, times, etc.

Photography:

6 Photographers will be attending this event. Jason Jarvis and his partner JoAnna(of http://www.JasonJarvisPhotography.com/) will be photographing our special guests Amy, Audrey, and Brittany with you and your cars. We will also be recording for an upcoming video that is aimed to released by May, the recording will take place at the Meet itself and drive.

See you there tomorrow.

Quick Reply: WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET