Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET

Old 02-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaegermeister has disabled reputation
Default Re: WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET

To those without facebook:

It is recommended that you purchase a portable CB Radio. These can be purchased for as little as $30 and will make communicating easier between the group.

Arrangements are being made for photography and videography (still shots and action shots.) If you are somebody or you know someone that would be interested shooting this day, message me for additional details (free hosting,paid expenses, opportunity to make money, etc.)
Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by Jaegermeister
To those without facebook:

It is recommended that you purchase a portable CB Radio. These can be purchased for as little as $30 and will make communicating easier between the group.

Arrangements are being made for photography and videography (still shots and action shots.) If you are somebody or you know someone that would be interested shooting this day, message me for additional details (free hosting,paid expenses, opportunity to make money, etc.)
Breaker breaker 1-9 this here's the rubber duck, you got a copy on me pig pen come on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2DYOjdqT4Q

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 02-01-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

hahah. kinda like that.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

D_Eclipse9916 has disabled reputation

*cough* Come up 81 after the meet to Harrisonburg, for the Madison Motorsport's car show. Then go up 33 West (a ridiculously fun road).
Old 02-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by D_Eclipse9916
*cough* Come up 81 after the meet to Harrisonburg, for the Madison Motorsport's car show. Then go up 33 West (a ridiculously fun road).
Madison Motorsports car show is on the same day? Talk about bad timing.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

D_Eclipse9916 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jaegermeister
Madison Motorsports car show is on the same day? Talk about bad timing.
Hows that? You guys are doing a cruise and then also wanting some fun roads. Cruise up 81, hit up the car show for pictures/show/dyno and we always cookout food, so a good opportunity to grab food, then do a fun cruise up 33 West for awesome roads and photoshoot opportunities and then go home. Car show doesnt really start until after 12 oclock anyway as I remember.

Dyno, food, opportunity to park without police/owner harassment.....sounds better than just dicking around in a random parking lot....
Old 02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by D_Eclipse9916
Hows that? You guys are doing a cruise and then also wanting some fun roads. Cruise up 81, hit up the car show for pictures/show/dyno and we always cookout food, so a good opportunity to grab food, then do a fun cruise up 33 West for awesome roads and photoshoot opportunities and then go home. Car show doesnt really start until after 12 oclock anyway as I remember.

Dyno, food, opportunity to park without police/owner harassment.....sounds better than just dicking around in a random parking lot....
But that's the thing, we're not dicking around in a random parking lot. That's only the meeting place and I have given it a 1 hour window for people to socialize and see what is out there locally. Afterwards we will be driving the best roads of the area. We have professional photographers attending too.

This event was planned months before - I even invited you guys. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:38 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Looking forward to it
Old 02-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Track Whore

Cmqqn85 has disabled reputation

Looks to be a good turn out.. Deff dont want be in the back field with peolpe IDK, esp the way we run Jeager!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Cmqqn85
Looks to be a good turn out.. Deff dont want be in the back field with peolpe IDK, esp the way we run Jeager!
Jaeger* lol And I wouldn't do that to you. Been there, done that.

Groups will have priority over others as it's easier for me to organize day-of groups than singles. That means towards the front. If you're in a group, please notify me via private message me on Facebook or on here. Either or.

I will provide more information regarding the organization and the order closer to the event. The idea is to keep it as safe as possible and to keep people from driving over their head or past their car's limits. For those that have ridden with us in past, this will be a slower pace. To most it will be challenging.

I am compensating a slower pace with photo opportunities. We have 5-6 photographers with DSLRs that will be shooting our event including Jason Jarvis (JasonJarvisPhotography.com) Two photographers will be taking pictures of us on our way to the next destination (set up mid-way waiting for us to drive by.)

If you have suggestions, contact me via facebook or on here.
I am still looking for somebody that specializes in Videography, this will look good in a portfolio (And we will have additional video footage with everybody's Go-Pro cameras and cameras .)

Quick Reply: WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET