Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What to do...what to do....

Old 04-22-2011, 10:43 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: What to do...what to do....

Originally Posted by pieisgude
lol.

I guess the general consensus is to keep at this whole SC thing. I wish it wasn't such a pain in the ass... Have you guy ever driven a boat? Lol.

TATTRAT, i do have a job, it's not necessarily the best one...

Woo, it's got a 2JZ-GE VVT-i in it. I wish i could transplant the T in VVT-i, and put it in between the G and the E......

Nisbro, lol. And luxury aspect of it is starting to get on my nerves...

Which leads to another thing.....what do you all think, N/A-T, 2JZ-GTE, or 1JZ-GTE? Lol. Damm, i hate making decisions.

2 Jay Z swap with NAS (lol)

Also don't ever give up the luxury of your car, it's what separates us luxo sports car tools from just the regular sports car tools.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

personally i would go 1j or 2j but not NA-T. I know the NA motors are good for quite a bit of power...but the actual 1j/2j's are already built for the boost. I also think you should do a R154 Swap before you do ANY motor work. You need 5 speed bad!

Do yourself a favor and make a list of what you want to do, and in what order...then stick to it. It will make your life easier. You already have coilovers, which would be the first thing i would suggest to anyone trying to build a car. I know nothing about toyotas, but im sure they make some kid of adjustable camber arms for your car. Start looking for other adjustable suspension components so we can get your stance straightened out. THEN start looking at go fast goodies. The R154 5 speed swap would be very beneficial to do first, because it will work with the 1jz or 2jz..so whichever eay you decide to go, you will be ready.

1. Finish your suspension
2. R154 5 Speed Swap
3. Motor?

Last edited by The Nisbro; 04-23-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Save your money and get a job, then worry about toys and shit. Just because you are getting out of school doesn't mean you will have a job, especially making the money you think you are going to make.

There is always time to play later, keep your ass covered and build a little cushion until you get on your feet.
What he said. Until you get a degree, you aren't going to make good money. Ask me how I know...
Old 04-24-2011, 09:16 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

lol.

I guess the general consensus is to keep at this whole SC thing. I wish it wasn't such a pain in the ass... Have you guy ever driven a boat? Lol.

TATTRAT, i do have a job, it's not necessarily the best one...

Woo, it's got a 2JZ-GE VVT-i in it. I wish i could transplant the T in VVT-i, and put it in between the G and the E......

Nisbro, lol. And luxury aspect of it is starting to get on my nerves...

Which leads to another thing.....what do you all think, N/A-T, 2JZ-GTE, or 1JZ-GTE? Lol. Damm, i hate making decisions.
Sounds like your itching to build the car, but you need to get your priorities straight before dumping a fuck ton of money into a daily driver.

I'm actually in the same boat as you, only recently decided to pull the trigger and start saving parts for a build.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

How much did you pay for yours? Cause i couldn't justify the 8k price the guy was giving me. I mean, unless you don't feel like saying, it's fine. Your SC is pretty damm clean though, mine on the other hand, is pretty rough, that being the reason i want to build.

But yeah, right now, i'm just trying to keep the car interesting. Since i'll be driving it for two years, and then i'll transfer to VT, where i prob wont see it too often.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:09 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

How much did you pay for yours? Cause i couldn't justify the 8k price the guy was giving me. I mean, unless you don't feel like saying, it's fine. Your SC is pretty damm clean though, mine on the other hand, is pretty rough, that being the reason i want to build.

But yeah, right now, i'm just trying to keep the car interesting. Since i'll be driving it for two years, and then i'll transfer to VT, where i prob wont see it too often.
I talked him down a bit, def didn't pay 8k . Well why not just get the paint stuff worked out, keep it a reliable daily until you've got the extra cash in to build it motor / turbo stuff.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:49 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Graduate college, get job, move out, save some $ then buy toys.