Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What the hell

Old 12-23-2004, 07:24 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK
Default Re: What the hell

roanoke sounds so far away lol
Old 12-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by myclone1
8. USE YOUR FUCKING SIGNAL LIGHTS PPL!!!! I dont know about the rest of you but my crystal ball hasnt worked in eons and Ms Cleo doesnt ride with me so I am only guessing where you want to go or what lane you are wanting in. Using a signal light gives everyone else around you at least a clue where the fuck your going even if you dont know. Last I checked signal lights were standard on all cars since the 50s and the extra .00002 watts they use isnt going to affect the power output to the wheels in any way you can feel or measure. Translation=it wont slow you down to use a fucking signal light and might just keep me or someone else from running over your idiotic ass.

That's why state inspection requires that they be checked, because in Virginia that's the once a year check to see if they still work since they were last used the year before...
Old 12-23-2004, 11:10 AM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

8. USE YOUR FUCKING SIGNAL LIGHTS PPL!!!! I dont know about the rest of you but my crystal ball hasnt worked in eons and Ms Cleo doesnt ride with me so I am only guessing where you want to go or what lane you are wanting in. Using a signal light gives everyone else around you at least a clue where the fuck your going even if you dont know. Last I checked signal lights were standard on all cars since the 50s and the extra .00002 watts they use isnt going to affect the power output to the wheels in any way you can feel or measure. Translation=it wont slow you down to use a fucking signal light and might just keep me or someone else from running over your idiotic ass.
LOL So true, but for some of them *cough* blonde broads *cough* who drive around blaring they're music keeping out any sirens, or horns, or other noise whatsoever, while sometimes talking on the cell phone also while driving in this hellish traffic, and sometimes even with a car full of they're gleeful sorority sissy's, using their signals might slow them down enough to make them run into whatever is unlucky enough to be in front of them, before they got into the lane they attempted to move to.

9. Use your freaking rear view mirror for something other than to hang shit off of. Ppl behind you may want around you, there may be a fire truck/ambulance that wants by you, there may be a big rig with no brakes thats about to flatten your ass, or any number of things that could be going on that you should be aware of. If there is a line of cars a mile long behind you then by checking your rear view mirror you will see this and hopefully have enough fucking sense to get the hell over so the rest of us dont have to follow you at ~2mph below the posted speed limit and you wont make a mile long line of cars worth of enemies.
I agree 200%+ with you on this one.

Plus you guys might think this is bad, but when I come to Roanoke, it's like vacation driving there for me compared to Wilmington and the surrounding beaches. You see nothing but teenage drivers here since there are easily over 10 colleges within a 1 hour radius of Wilmington. Also we dont have 440 and 240 and those other major roads to get from point a to point b. We have college rd., carolina beach rd. (which are connected to each other) and oleander dr. (which crosses over college and s. college) yea our town was designed very poorly. We do have 2 major highways that end at our town. I-40 and South 17. Those are the only 2 ways in and out of our town.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:12 PM

myclone1 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
Plus you guys might think this is bad, but when I come to Roanoke, it's like vacation driving there for me
I agree that the amount of traffic here is nothing compared to other places but it seems like 95% of the ppl on the roads around here were tought how to drive by Stevie Wonder. Ive personally driven through down town Chicago (during rush hour BTW) while towing the syclone, down town Indianapolis, down town Columbus, OH, along with numerous other cities and saw some retards on the road they seemed to be the exception rather than the norm unlike Roanoke whos roads seem to be poplulated by morons for the most part.

Just today there was a car stopped on the entrance ramp to 581N at 419 (Tanglewood) waiting for a break in traffic. Since there were ~20 cars in front of me I got to sit there until 'meemaw' decided to take a chance and merge...sigh...only to drive 45mph in the center lane until I finally got around her (yes, I clocked her with my speedo). Try driving 45mph around DC, Chicago, or Indy on the freeway and you'll get ran over very quickly. If you are affraid of traffic or the freeway then stay the hell off of it. Hell, my own grandmother (rest her cigar smoking soul) was terrified of the freeway so she stayed off of it and drove on back roads to get where she was going and she wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed so if she could figure it out then I would think a couple more ppl could to.

Its just not women either... Last summer I passed a guy driving a new VW bug on 81 that was holding a freakin novel in the center of the steering wheel while rolling along at ~70mph. Its not like he was on the first page either....he was half way through the damn thing and the whole time I was beside him I NEVER once saw him look up from it at the road. WTF was he doing? Driving by brail? Shit like that just makes me want to run them off the road and beat the fuck out them right there for being retards. Sad to say but Ive seen the above TWICE in my life and both times it was a guy driving (well, he was sitting behind the wheel but "driving" is debatable).

Since Im on a soap box here.... One evening I was driving 581 south in the far left lane passing a car in the center lane right before the top of the little hill where 10th st (I think) passes under 581. I see brake lights up ahead and back off a little and sure enough all three lanes were stopped for some reason. I start braking slowly so the guy I had almost gotten past goes by me at ~60mph talking on his cel phone (you could see the glow from the key pad next to his head). About 100ft from the stopped cars I think to myself this guy isnt gonna stop...yep, you guessed it. He drove right into the back of the stopped car in the center lane without even touching his brakes (no brake lights came on). So, how does one miss 3 lanes of cars all stopped with their brake lights on at night when you have every bit of an 1/8th mi to see them sitting in front of you? I bet the next time he is on his cel phone argueing with the wife about which tampons she wants him to pick up he'll pull the hell off the side of the road. "So, do you want maxi's or regular sweety....OH SHIT!!!!" BAM!!!! What a fuck tard .
Old 12-23-2004, 12:29 PM

myclone1 has disabled reputation

Oh, and as bad as ppl drive around here the absolute worst place for left lane drivers Ive seen so far is NC. Not to get into nationality bashing here but laundry heads need to stick to camels and stay off the freeways. Freakin towel heads have NO fucking clue what theyre doing at any given time while theyre behind the wheel.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:30 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

Since Im on a soap box here.... One evening I was driving 581 south in the far left lane passing a car in the center lane right before the top of the little hill where 10th st (I think) passes under 581. I see brake lights up ahead and back off a little and sure enough all three lanes were stopped for some reason. I start braking slowly so the guy I had almost gotten past goes by me at ~60mph talking on his cel phone (you could see the glow from the key pad next to his head). About 100ft from the stopped cars I think to myself this guy isnt gonna stop...yep, you guessed it. He drove right into the back of the stopped car in the center lane without even touching his brakes (no brake lights came on). So, how does one miss 3 lanes of cars all stopped with their brake lights on at night when you have every bit of an 1/8th mi to see them sitting in front of you? I bet the next time he is on his cel phone argueing with the wife about which tampons she wants him to pick up he'll pull the hell off the side of the road. "So, do you want maxi's or regular sweety....OH SHIT!!!!" BAM!!!! What a fuck tard .
At highway speed? Was anyone seriously hurt/killed? Holy shit! That would be awful to get hit that hard, sitting still, on the interstate.

When I was younger, we were rear-ended by a Roanoke City Police Officer.. sitting at a red-light. He rear ended us doing 40mph and his excuse was that he thought we were moving. Heh.. To this day, my neck still bothers me, but of course I didn't know that was going to happen at the time, and I never said anything about it. It's too late now. I was just a kid. How easy could it really be to run into a stopped car, in relatively heavy traffic? Darwin awards will be handed out at the end of the month.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:35 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooh yeah.. I'm sick of left-lane drivers. I don't care if the speed limit is 55mph, because it's not up to you to determine how fast other drivers can go on the interstate, unless you have some sort of badge on your chest. I also don't care if you're going 65mph in that 55mph zone, because that's not fast enough for everyone, and again, it's not your decision to tell other drivers how fast they can go, and you have no right to try and stop them from getting around you. I was in a hurry to pick my girlfriend up from Valley View area last night, and get to the Ye Ole English Inn on 221 last night.. Important family dinner, had maybe 10-15 minutes to get there on time, so yes.. I was speeding. I must have had to pass 6 people on the right just on 581 going towards Tanglewood. I don't like to pass on the right, but I don't like when people go 55mph in the left lane and don't move out of your way when you flash your beams at them.. lol

Does everyone know what that means when you're in the left lane and someone approaches you relatively fast and flashes their lights, when you've got room to get out of their way?
Old 12-23-2004, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by ZeRo_C0oL
Ooh yeah.. I'm sick of left-lane drivers. I don't care if the speed limit is 55mph, because it's not up to you to determine how fast other drivers can go on the interstate, unless you have some sort of badge on your chest. I also don't care if you're going 65mph in that 55mph zone, because that's not fast enough for everyone, and again, it's not your decision to tell other drivers how fast they can go, and you have no right to try and stop them from getting around you. I was in a hurry to pick my girlfriend up from Valley View area last night, and get to the Ye Ole English Inn on 221 last night.. Important family dinner, had maybe 10-15 minutes to get there on time, so yes.. I was speeding. I must have had to pass 6 people on the right just on 581 going towards Tanglewood. I don't like to pass on the right, but I don't like when people go 55mph in the left lane and don't move out of your way when you flash your beams at them.. lol

Does everyone know what that means when you're in the left lane and someone approaches you relatively fast and flashes their lights, when you've got room to get out of their way?
I very much so agree on that too. At least people on I-40 will move over when they see someone doin over 70mph comin up on they're ass. Almost anyone I've gotten behind will move to the right lane. I wish it was like that EVERYWHERE.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Aequitas - Veritas

BananaBroncoII has disabled reputation

Its a well known fact that ~80% of the ppl on the road ver your idiotic ass.
9. Use your freaking rear view mirror for something other than to hang shit off of. Ppl behind you may want around you, there may be a fire truck/ambulance that wants by you

I don't think I realized how many people don't use thier rearview mirrors until I joined the fire department. On my way to the station, I'll fly up on someones ass (going the speed limit of course) with my red-light going and the person 85% of the time doesn't know I'm back there for at least a minute. Then they pull off. Same goes when we are on the fire truck. People don't wanna get over until we have to blare the siren at them, then the dumb fucks stop in the middle of a sharp curve and act like they want us to go around in a 8 ft + wide firetruck

Joey can vouch for this.

/rant
Old 12-23-2004, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by BananaBroncoII
I don't think I realized how many people don't use thier rearview mirrors until I joined the fire department. On my way to the station, I'll fly up on someones ass (going the speed limit of course) with my red-light going and the person 85% of the time doesn't know I'm back there for at least a minute. Then they pull off. Same goes when we are on the fire truck. People don't wanna get over until we have to blare the siren at them, then the dumb fucks stop in the middle of a sharp curve and act like they want us to go around in a 8 ft + wide firetruck

Joey can vouch for this.

/rant

HAHAHA Now I know wtf your sig means ahhaha.....never knew you were a fire fighter/truck driver.

Quick Reply: What the hell