Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What shop can stretch tires in the Roanoke area?

Old 03-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond repute
Default What shop can stretch tires in the Roanoke area?

Looking for a shop to mount some new tires for me. The camber has finally gotten to me and I need to replace them.

245/35/19 on a 10.5 inch wheel

and

225/35/19 on a 9 inch wheel

I dont think thats much stretch but it seem like it is for around here.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy
Default Re: What shop can stretch tires in the Roanoke area?

That's no stretch at all 225 = 8.8 inches, 245 = 9.6 inches. Both should be easily mounted at any tire shop.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Ultra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond reputeUltra Rover has a reputation beyond repute

thats what im saying but merchants said no and cavalier said no. lol
Old 03-10-2009, 12:24 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by Ultra Rover
thats what im saying but merchants said no and cavalier said no. lol
DIY. Hairspray and a match.

Seriously though Im suprised those places turned you down.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

noboost has disabled reputation

i can do it at my work but we charge alittle more for low profile tires.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by noboost
i can do it at my work but we charge alittle more for low profile tires.
where do you work? pm me pricing please.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Nada

str8jakett will become famous soon enough

Yeah, where do you work, and can you do a 225 on a 18x10? Have a friend who can't find anyone who will touch them in Christiansburg.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
HSU
Registered Member

HSU has disabled reputation

Go NTB at valley view mall ,they could mount the tires up to 25'' , I just let them mounted 305/25/20 to my HRE rims they have done pretty good job , BTW correct me if I am wrong
10.5 for 245 35 19 tires are too narrow you can mount up to 305 without any probelm
9 for 225 35 19 are narrow too you could mount up to 235 or 245 35 19 , all this must be sit with proper offset !!!
what brand of rim and tires you got ? if they are name brand of wheel such as HRE ,Iforged ,DPE ....the offset should be perfect for your car without running any spacer , 19X9 and 19X10.5 personaly I would go 235 35 19 front and 275 30 19 rear !!!!

Last edited by HSU; 03-10-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HSU
Go NTB at valley view mall ,they could mount the tires up to 25'' , I just let them mounted 305/25/20 to my HRE rims they have done pretty good job , BTW correct me if I am wrong
10.5 for 245 35 19 tires are too narrow you can mount up to 305 without any probelm
9 for 225 35 19 are narrow too you could mount up to 235 or 245 35 19 , all this must be sit with proper offset !!!
what brand of rim and tires you got ? if they are name brand of wheel such as HRE ,Iforged ,DPE ....the offset should be perfect for your car without running any spacer , 19X9 and 19X10.5 personaly I would go 235 35 19 front and 275 30 19 rear !!!!
thats why its called stretching and having the sidewall curved. i have to run the lower width tire on a wider rim so i can clear the fender, be low and have the flush offset.

if you must know the rims are junction produce scaras and riverside traffic stars. tires are dunlop and falkens.

if i ran the sizes you suggest i would destory my fenders and quarter panels. lol

plus whats spacer have to do with anything???

heres a picture so you understand.

if i ran a tire size that you are use to running and have been taught is the only size you should run on a rim that size. as you would see it would hit my fender and destroy it at the slightes imperfection in the road. with the stretch tire i curves inward and give the well the little bit of travel room it needs to not contact anything.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 PM
HSU
Registered Member

HSU has disabled reputation

ok now I see

Quick Reply: What shop can stretch tires in the Roanoke area?