Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where is the closest dyno?

Old 10-24-2004, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slow92snatch has disabled reputation
Default Where is the closest dyno?

Im planning on boosting my civic hatch. Homemade turbo kit of course. D16z6 with a 88 thunderbird IHI turbo 8psi. Im not gonna have any trouble on the install but tuning is gonna be a different story. Im planning on using Uberdata to tune with. I just need to know where the closest Dyno is and can they tune a Honda using Uberdata? PS im in Roanoke

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-25-2004, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where is the closest dyno?

Well you have turbo tune in NC and what used to be motor mavericks in Bristol. I don’t know the tuning capabilities at either location.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Taylor's Import in Mooresville, NC. I have heard good things about them. Don't know about their Hondata capabilites though.

http://www.taylorsimports.com/
Old 10-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

uberdata, great stuff.. are you knowledgable with it and all? not sure of any dyno's around here that mess with that but it isnt to hard to learn yourself at all..
Old 10-25-2004, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by GaRn
uberdata, great stuff.. are you knowledgable with it and all? not sure of any dyno's around here that mess with that but it isnt to hard to learn yourself at all..
Im not familiar with it really. I know how to socket and chip my ECu. Im gonna be buying a burner and running a nice base map to start with but it will need to be tuned. Anyone have a wideband o2?
Old 10-26-2004, 05:54 AM

myclone2 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by slow92snatch
Anyone have a wideband o2?
FWIW, Ive built four of the units listed on the link below for the Syclone/Typhoon community and they work great. If you or someone you know can solder and knows basic electronics you can throw one togeather in about 2hrs start to finish. Once you build a couple you can throw one togeather in 45 minutes including calibration/testing. The kit costs ~30 bucks which includes a predrilled PC board as well as all the parts but you will have to buy the 02 sensor. Last time I bought an 02 on line it was ~80 bucks or so if I remember right.

http://www.diy-wb.com/info.htm

Back under my rock
Old 10-26-2004, 07:45 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I think I have seen those before, actually one on ebay once i think.. pretty cool!
Old 10-27-2004, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by myclone2
FWIW, Ive built four of the units listed on the link below for the Syclone/Typhoon community and they work great. If you or someone you know can solder and knows basic electronics you can throw one togeather in about 2hrs start to finish. Once you build a couple you can throw one togeather in 45 minutes including calibration/testing. The kit costs ~30 bucks which includes a predrilled PC board as well as all the parts but you will have to buy the 02 sensor. Last time I bought an 02 on line it was ~80 bucks or so if I remember right.

http://www.diy-wb.com/info.htm

Back under my rock
Think you could build me one? If so PM me with a quote..
Old 10-28-2004, 05:31 PM

myclone2 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by slow92snatch
Think you could build me one? If so PM me with a quote..
Order the kit and get the O2 plug youll need and I can throw it togeather in my spare time at work.