Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Who still does tint?

Old 06-25-2005, 01:52 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Who still does tint?

I'm going to have my windows re-tinted in the future and I'd like suggestions on where/who to go to, other than Tim's. After about a year, I'm not happy with it and want to have it redone with quality tint and with a quality install this time around. I don't believe he really used Llumar film, regardless of what anyone says.. If you look through the rear glass at a certain angle, it has sort of a hint of purple to it, and that's driving me crazy. I want to have them re-done with the 3M tint that actually has the strands of carbon fiber in it. I watched a friend put it on a Cadillac and the tint is much truer and blacker than other films, and is supposed to be the most resistant to breaking and scratching. I'm certain he applied cheap film on my car and although 99% of the time, it still looks good, I'm not satisfied.. There should not have been any issues with the matrix strips or with any pinhole bubbles, but there were. I managed to fix most of it myself, but there are still a few minor issues.

Anyone know where I can have flawless tint done? Below the legal limit? I've got 35% all the way around right now, but am considering one of a few options.. 20% all the way around, 20% in rear and 35% in fronts, or maybe just doing 35% all the way around again with a higher quality film.

Also, no flaming for this question: Has anyone ever had their windshield done? I'm just looking for something with a hint of color to it to help deflect sunlight from my interior and reduce glare. I'm not looking to put 35% on my windshield, but I don't think 50% would necessarily impair my vision. I would consider going even lighter than that if it would make a difference. My interior is cooking when I get in it after it's been sitting in the sunlight, and I think this would help reduce some of the heat (keyword: some). I don't want to have issues with cracking leather or dash in the future, and I condition regularly, but I still want to do more to prevent future damage.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-25-2005, 02:30 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Who still does tint?

Finneys in martinsville.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:39 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by fc735
Finneys in martinsville.
They'll do less than legal? I'll check whitepages and anywho.com to see if I can get a number. Guess that's really not too bad of a drive. I just went to Greensboro and back at 3AM this morning to pick someone up spur of the moment... Martinsville isn't as bad.

Any idea about prices?
Old 06-25-2005, 04:37 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

he did my wagon for 140 bucks. that was all the way around.

as for the tint.....all i will say is that it had a "5" in the percentage
Old 06-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

A good friend of mine is the regional sales manager for Llumar. He said nobody in the state south of Alexandria uses their top of the line film. The closest place is in Greensboro. I can get the shop name/number if you want...
Old 06-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

as for the windshield, get a $7 sun reflector from walmart. i have one and it works wonders.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:13 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G32BTurbo
as for the windshield, get a $7 sun reflector from walmart. i have one and it works wonders.
took the words outta my mouf

Originally Posted by fc735
he did my wagon for 140 bucks. that was all the way around.

as for the tint.....all i will say is that it had a "5" in the percentage

i remember it being quite black...
Old 06-25-2005, 10:05 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

I took mine to custom auto sounds. The matrix strip area looks like total ass.. he cut wide AROUND my 3rd brake light.. (couldn't they just take it off, it's pretty easy) and i don't think they cleaned it off too well before applying. I've considered taking it back and making them fix the rear but it's pretty shitty all around so i'd rather just go somewhere else and have it done professionally. Let me know where you gets yours done at and how it goes, i might have to get mine redone as well.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:52 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

What about that one place behind the fire station in vinton *dosnt rember the street name* there is some cycle center that i have hear does tint...there van has the big ass Llumar logo on it
Old 06-26-2005, 06:06 AM
The Pro to call.

Originally Posted by Cosmo
A good friend of mine is the regional sales manager for Llumar. He said nobody in the state south of Alexandria uses their top of the line film. The closest place is in Greensboro. I can get the shop name/number if you want...

Finneys uses it, at least he did four years ago when he did mine. it came out of a Llumar box, cause he had to get a fresh roll to start mine. his tint book was pretty cool too, all kinds of colors and shits.

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII
I took mine to custom auto sounds. The matrix strip area looks like total ass.. he cut wide AROUND my 3rd brake light.. (couldn't they just take it off, it's pretty easy) and i don't think they cleaned it off too well before applying. I've considered taking it back and making them fix the rear but it's pretty shitty all around so i'd rather just go somewhere else and have it done professionally. Let me know where you gets yours done at and how it goes, i might have to get mine redone as well.

matrix is a bitch to do, even if you are God at tinting. and its illegal to tint the area where the CHMSL is.

Quick Reply: Who still does tint?