Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Who still does tint?

Old 06-26-2005, 07:30 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Who still does tint?

Originally Posted by fc735
matrix is a bitch to do, even if you are God at tinting. and its illegal to tint the area where the CHMSL is.
I've compared my tint to other GTI's with 35% tint and to say the least, Tim could have done a better job. I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" comes into effect. He cut me a good deal, and the tint has done its job, but now I'm ready to have it done again correctly.

It's illegal to tint beyond the state law, but people do it. I've heard of a lot of people on VWvortex saying the person who did their tint actually used a torch around the matrix strips to adhere, but obviously if you don't know what you're doing you'll ruin the tint and melt holes in it.. the end result, if done correctly, is a flawless look where there are no bubbles, no places where the tint isn't adhering around the heater strips, or the matrix strips, and it looks yummy.

Can anyone tell me the real world difference between 20% and 35% at night. I want the dark look, and I'm already illegal with the 35%, but I don't want it to be so dark that it could actually impair my vision at night. I could live with a ticket, but not being involved in an accident or running over something because I couldn't see, you know? 35% is good for me at night and I don't have any problems, so I guess I could stick with what I know, but I'd like for them to be a tad darker.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:19 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

35 is the lowest i would want to go on most cars, even then you gotta roll windows down to see at night.

my theory: if the shop can do an F body with one piece of tint, they are some of the best. and Finneys can do it.

most use a heat gun, on the outside of the glass, to get it to flow into the matrix.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:29 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Does Finneys give you some sort of kickback? You've sold me on the place.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:34 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

nope. i just have had real good work from the man.

its off of 220 business, near Fayette st.

just look for the Aerostar on 20's. and a short black man in sweatpants. i advise calling first though.

804 Memorial Boulevard South
(276) 638-3463
Old 06-26-2005, 09:39 AM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

just look for the Aerostar on 20's. and a short black man in sweatpants. i advise calling first though.

Iam sorry..you said that and i started to think of the projects down here.....ford aerostars on 20 inch rims with spinners.....freckin geo metros with 17 inchers and systems that cost WELL more than what they paid for the car
Old 06-26-2005, 09:42 AM
wub wub wub wub

Awesome. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Finneys uses it, at least he did four years ago when he did mine. it came out of a Llumar box, cause he had to get a fresh roll to start mine. his tint book was pretty cool too, all kinds of colors and shits.
Llumar makes a lot of different lines. Formula One is their top of the line. It's about 5x as expensive as the rest of them, however. I don't know about back then, but about two weeks ago he told me that Greensboro is the closest place that uses it. He sells it directly to them. The other lines go to distributors, but the Formula One is only sold directly by Llumar.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

Would you still recommend finneys? My roommate wants to get his g35 coupe done. we live close to the tech campus.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:48 AM
The Pro to call.

i havent had problems, but its been a few years since i have been down there. i cant think of anyone local that does knockdown great work....
Old 08-23-2005, 09:29 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

OUTTA SIGHT

Quick Reply: Who still does tint?