Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Who still does tint?

Old 01-16-2006, 05:53 AM
It tilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Who still does tint?

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work

Well most of the days...it does have an 90% failure rate.....5% of the time it's just me not wanting to go to work....the other 5% is just the car being a bitch.....

Old 01-08-2007, 03:29 PM
07 TL

BOOST FED 95Z has disabled reputation

back from the dead again...isnt there a place in salem now? Would like to get mine done this week. Do not want to use custom auto as I have had them done there on a few vehicles and besides the bad work they do, they are not the nicest people to deal with.
Scott
Old 01-08-2007, 08:31 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by BOOST FED 95Z
back from the dead again...isnt there a place in salem now? Would like to get mine done this week. Do not want to use custom auto as I have had them done there on a few vehicles and besides the bad work they do, they are not the nicest people to deal with.
Scott
Check out that place in Martinsville or Danville or where ever it was that either Joey or Chad suggested... I forgot. I've heard other people talking about their quality work, so it would be worth the drive.

There's not a single shop in Roanoke that I will take my next vehicle to in order to have tint put on. What I was told I was getting, and what I got were two different things!
Old 01-09-2007, 04:03 AM
07 TL

BOOST FED 95Z has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Check out that place in Martinsville or Danville or where ever it was that either Joey or Chad suggested... I forgot. I've heard other people talking about their quality work, so it would be worth the drive.

There's not a single shop in Roanoke that I will take my next vehicle to in order to have tint put on. What I was told I was getting, and what I got were two different things!
Ok cool thats probably what I will have to do, I havent had a lot of luck in roanoke with my previous vehicles either. A quality place in Roanoke I would imagine would make alot of money.
Later,
Scott
Old 03-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Check out my other thread to see pictures of my new tint from Martinsville.

My first impressions are being in Martinsville is like being in southeast... When I think Nascar town I think good old boys and back water towns. Boy was I wrong... LOL

So the work. I had my Mustang done in Roanoke 8 years ago and the guy cut the film just short of the matrix dots on the rear side windows and on the back window which looked like crap. On the flip side the guys in Martinsville went up over them and the film filled in the blank spots like liquid. On the back there are a couple very small bubbles in-between the black strips at the top but not much and I'm guessing they will go away in the next day or so... They did a great job of having no bubbles and laying the film over the various black matrix strips on the windows...

Only time will tell how it holds up but from what I can see they did way better then the other tint jobs I've had done in Roanoke.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Registered Member

cashdime02 has disabled reputation

man ya'll should have tried Tim's Customizing on Williamson. He's not only done both my trucks but a number of other cars for family/friends.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:11 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i havent seen any knockout tint jobs from tims in a few years. the last four cars i saw that went down there (mostly sedans, one hatchback) were not impressing me from the quality of the work.

i still stand behind the fact that if you want the best tint job, go to Finneys.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:02 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by cashdime02
man ya'll should have tried Tim's Customizing on Williamson. He's not only done both my trucks but a number of other cars for family/friends.
You're NUTS!

My fucking tint is purple now.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Society is a Drag.

NiceNloW has disabled reputation

Loud N Clear in Perisburg its a Audio/Tint place.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:46 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

A good friend of mine is the Llumar salesman for the area. He sells to Tim and several other places. Tim's stopped using the good film a while back, and only uses the cheap stuff now. The place in Martinsville is the only place within a couple hours' drive that uses the top of the line film. I have heard about Finney's but they don't buy from my friend, so I don't know what they use.

Quick Reply: Who still does tint?