Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Who still does tint?

Old 03-13-2007, 05:08 AM
EtHuGn' N dA NoKe!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IntegraXSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who still does tint?

www.tintkits.com

thats what I bought and then had someone install it on the Side. I helped with it the back was the only "hard" part but if you have ever put on stickers you can do a good tint job.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Registered Member

cashdime02 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
You're NUTS!

My fucking tint is purple now.

man i don't know what happened to your tint but i've had the same tint on my truck for 3 years now. and the truck spent 2 of those three in the new mexico sun, and i have had zero problems.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:07 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by cashdime02
man i don't know what happened to your tint but i've had the same tint on my truck for 3 years now. and the truck spent 2 of those three in the new mexico sun, and i have had zero problems.
Dude, he just did a shitty job... that's all. I got what I paid for.

I know his work has been hit or miss, but he uses cheap ass film now obviously. Aside from that, he was a lazy ass when he did my tint, and my girlfriends tint. Hers has HUGE bubbles in the rear film, and I got some of the major ones out myself, but it didn't look like he even bothered. Lots of bubbles, and the matrix strips look like asshole.

I was considering paying someone to remove it from my rear glass and me peeling it off of the fronts and rear quarters myself. It would look better with no tint than some half ass purple tint.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:29 AM
07 TL

BOOST FED 95Z has disabled reputation

I ended up going back to Tim and again he did a decent job. Not great, Not awful, like Zero said you get what you pay for...great price, avg to slightly above work.
Scott
Old 03-16-2007, 03:57 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Dude, he just did a shitty job... that's all. I got what I paid for.

I know his work has been hit or miss, but he uses cheap ass film now obviously. Aside from that, he was a lazy ass when he did my tint, and my girlfriends tint. Hers has HUGE bubbles in the rear film, and I got some of the major ones out myself, but it didn't look like he even bothered. Lots of bubbles, and the matrix strips look like asshole.

I was considering paying someone to remove it from my rear glass and me peeling it off of the fronts and rear quarters myself. It would look better with no tint than some half ass purple tint.

you didnt by chance clean the windows with windex did you? ammonia is the major factor in turning tint purple.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:19 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by fc735
you didnt by chance clean the windows with windex did you? ammonia is the major factor in turning tint purple.
I'm aware of that, and no. I've only used ammonia free products that are labeled to be specific for tinted windows.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

cashdime02 has disabled reputation

I'm aware of that, and no. I've only used ammonia free products that are labeled to be specific for tinted windows.
so u used the right cleaning supplies, but how old was the tint when it started bubbling and turning purple?
Old 03-18-2007, 07:45 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by cashdime02
so u used the right cleaning supplies, but how old was the tint when it started bubbling and turning purple?
I've always used good cleaning supplies. I never spared any expense when cleaning my car and bought the best materials for the job that were available to be purchased locally... Well, let me rephrase that since that may not be entirely true. I'm not trying to say I bought the most expensive things known to man, but I never cheap out when it comes to cleaning supplies. I also read a lot of car detailing forums and know what to, and what not to use... and even how to use it.

The tint was bubbled immediately when we picked our cars up. The bubbling was an immediate issue. The tint turning purple took about a year before it became an issue with me on my car, and my girlfriends was a little sooner.

We both generally park our cars in the shade when it's available, and it's readily available at both locations where the cars reside the most.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Well after giving it a few weeks I’m not overwhelmed by the results form the place in Martinsville... I have bubbles in the lover front section of the window and you can hear it crinkle when you roll down the window on the driver’s side. There is a bubble or crinkle in the tint in the center of the driver’s side window as well it’s small but you can see it. Passengers side is good except for the lower front sections has some small bubbles like the drivers side though you don’t here the crackle when rolling down the window.

I have not had a chance to really check out the rear sides yet. The back at a glance looks good but I have not had a chance to check it fully...

It comes with a lifetime warranty so I'll be heading back to get the driver side redone at some point...