Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Why do people dyno their car with higher octane?

Old 12-09-2002, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

edit: so I dont get kicked off here.

Last edited by 16g-95gsx; 12-09-2002 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Originally posted by bill strong

I am not going to sit here and argue with you. With your vast experience at racing, or at least reading the very latest in import magazines, I doubt I can sway you. It is guys like you I love racing... cuz I normally win... no mater how many thousands of hp those BPU parts give ya
I edited my last post, but I will try to redo it now as I most likely would have gotten some shit for what I just previously typed.

First off asshole, I do not know you, and you do not know me. For you to fucking come out and say I have BPU parts, and make me out to sound like a fucking moron is pretty lame. I have done quite alot for the DSM community, and a few big mods have come about by me. I do all my own work, and choose every mod precisely. I took a car that was an above average daily driver, and have turned it into something that will pull about 4.2 0-60 on pump gas, and turn solid 12's in the 1/4. How in the fuck are you going to make me out to be an idiot. From my understanding you are 40 years old? Thats pretty lame that you have such a childish attitude as to make comments like you did. You would think someone as old as you would be a little more mature. Every comment I have made has had valid proof behind it, and the few comments where I didnt have defined proof I made a point to state that it was just my intuition. As for the drag CE, why dont you just stick the IC up your ass, as I'm sure there is less resistance in there.

Your comments about damage to the bumper and rad, are under extreme circumstances, that are in no way common driving. If we are talking about a true race car, then yes, that is understandable, and things will have to be engineered differently. But one thing that amazes me is that you have a race car there and yet you still run AC?

I dont wish to get into an argument with you, and that definately wasnt the point of this entire thread, but I feel that you majorly disrespected me, and it was absolutely uncalled for, especially from someone who should have much more maturity.

Last edited by 16g-95gsx; 12-09-2002 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:44 PM
www.mr2oc.com

bill strong is an unknown quantity at this point

am sorry about those statements. I dont know you and I should not have said that. Sorry again.
I guess you missed my statement.

who said I have AC?

I love you too man
Old 12-09-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by 16g-95gsx
I have done quite alot for the DSM community, and a few big mods have come about by me. I do all my own work, and choose every mod precisely.
Heya, so what big mods did you invent?
Old 12-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

I was the first to ever perform the Supra SMIC mod, which now is very very big to name one.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

cool! My ex next door neighbor (Derek) did the same thing to his 1G DSM last year...seemed like a good idea
Old 12-09-2002, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

Yep, I was the first one to ever come publicly out and tell about the mod (I was actually the 2nd to perform it, but I only found that out after the fact, because the original person kept it a "secret", although after seeing how he did it his was a very huge hack job and poorly done IMO, but like I said I was the first to ever say "here guys, this is a good swap, do it like this" etc) And yes, there are tons of DSM's with them now. The mod has been known to drop ET's by up to .3 in some cases (obviously a very good setup), and it is a very very inexpensive alternative to a FMIC.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:08 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

now, now boys...
play nicely. you guys get your panties twisted in knots too easily. BTW: Carlos Sainz won WRC championships with a WTA IC.
the geek
p.s. you don't know bill either.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:44 AM
Registered Member

Originally posted by ToyotaTechGeek
now, now boys...
play nicely. you guys get your panties twisted in knots too easily. BTW: Carlos Sainz won WRC championships with a WTA IC.
the geek
p.s. you don't know bill either.
You're right, I dont, notice I didnt childishly come out with the personal attacks until I was personally attacked. Personal attacks are too low for me to use in most cases, I usually just stick to facts.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:04 AM
www.transamws6.com

Not Registered is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I missed a good argument.

Quick Reply: Why do people dyno their car with higher octane?