Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Williamson Road Death

Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Williamson Road Death

Wow, suspended because of fines? Seriously? That's the worst reason to let your license get suspended.

It would also suck to have someone crash into your house and die on your lawn or in your living room, technically. I feel bad for the passengers for being there when it happened.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by LowSlow93Sol
Sporty car but not a sports car. :P Sucks to hear this happened, I havent been around the Williamson Rd area in months because of idiots driving as such.
Might want to stay off of 581 on the weekends too then
Old 01-05-2009, 06:26 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

i feel bad for the passengers. glad the home owners/renters were ok. If they were owners, they can get new shit.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Article
"If the cops pull you over, you're better off pulling over and taking the ticket," said Chris Pearson, 23, of Roanoke. "It always ends up a lot better that way."
So, wait... If the cops pull you over, aren't you already pulled over? Is he saying if they TRY to pull you over? I haven't seen any chases in that area since years ago when an old friend ran in a Camaro Z28 and caused three or four police cars to wreck on Hershberger towards Plantation. Matter of fact, I think that's why the city started backing off on chases in that area. Prior to that, it seemed like there was a chase every weekend.

I know what the kid's trying to say though, and I agree with first hand experience. It's not worth it, even if it means you're screwed either way. You never take into consideration the fact that you're responsible for anything that happens to anyone else in a pursuit. If the officer gets himself killed, you're going to grow old in a dark cell somewhere. If the officer hits someone else and kills them, they pin that on you. If you're long gone and the officer happens hits a pole, you get to pay for the pole, the police car, etc. You don't have to "cause" it to be awarded responsibility. That's reality. Unfortunately it was a stupid mistake that the kid made, and it cost him his life. Taking that into consideration, I consider myself fortunate to live to regret a stupid mistake, despite it all.

Originally Posted by ....AJ....
i feel bad for the passengers. glad the home owners/renters were ok. If they were owners, they can get new shit.
Maybe. Lets hope they had proper insurance... He was unlicensed and may not have been insured, you know? They live off of Williamson Road, and I hate to say this, but they may very well be living paycheck to paycheck as it is... I'd hate to see someone have to live with a hole in their house because they couldn't afford a deductible to fix something someone else damaged.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Maybe. Lets hope they had proper insurance... He was unlicensed and may not have been insured, you know? They live off of Williamson Road, and I hate to say this, but they may very well be living paycheck to paycheck as it is... I'd hate to see someone have to live with a hole in their house because they couldn't afford a deductible to fix something someone else damaged.
Hell... who isn't living paycheck to paycheck these days?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Hell... who isn't living paycheck to paycheck these days?
Well, you know what I meant... It's not at all uncommon to live more or less from paycheck to paycheck but I would hope the average person has a little money put away for emergencies if nothing else.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Well, you know what I meant... It's not at all uncommon to live more or less from paycheck to paycheck but I would hope the average person has a little money put away for emergencies if nothing else.
not this married guy. I most likely gotta take a loan out just to pay for tires and inspection so i can get a ticket dropped.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:38 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
not this married guy. I most likely gotta take a loan out just to pay for tires and inspection so i can get a ticket dropped.
Believe me bro, I know things are really tough right now. I've been out of work since JULY! I've always kept an emergency stash, if nothing else, but that's pretty much depleted as well. The economy is tough, people being laid off, no one seems to be hiring, etc. Sucks!

Hope things get better for you.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Not everyone is living paycheck to paycheck if you want to argue it that way... There are plenty of people that just by looking at their bank accounts or the way they live would tell you "what recession?" - trust me, I see those types all the time..

We had a young couple in the dealership Saturday looking at a MB S550 and were told the one they wanted was $103,575 and the wife replied "wow that's cheap, a lot less than I expected, if we order it today how long till it'll get here?"

Hahaha it was funny to hear, I laughed a little.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

diamondstargsx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Not everyone is living paycheck to paycheck if you want to argue it that way... There are plenty of people that just by looking at their bank accounts or the way they live would tell you "what recession?" - trust me, I see those types all the time..

We had a young couple in the dealership Saturday looking at a MB S550 and were told the one they wanted was $103,575 and the wife replied "wow that's cheap, a lot less than I expected, if we order it today how long till it'll get here?"

Hahaha it was funny to hear, I laughed a little.
are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM REAL SURE PEOPLE THAT BUY A PORSCHE LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by diamondstargsx; 01-05-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Williamson Road Death