Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Williamson Road Death

Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
vaginadriven.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch
Default Re: Williamson Road Death

I just got home from the funeral home tonight after seeing Drew. First of all, I am so glad to see that no one on here is bashing him. Drew made a dumb decision to run from the police... I agree with that... but he paid the ultimate price for laying a black mark. For those of us that knew him, they will always remember him as the sweet and goofy kid that he was. He was the kind of guy that would always make you laugh and would always be there to lend a hand to anyone that needed it. I think he was in a panic when the police started chasing him because he was driving suspended... and yes, he should have pulled over... but I also feel some of the responsibility for his death lies on the officer that chased him. Why chase someone at speeds in excess of 100 mph thru a residential neighborhood?? Drew's car looked like something a kid would drive, so its pretty obvious that he was young which usually means that he had little driving experience. Why not get his plates and deal with him later?? Why chase him at speeds like that?? Obviously it only made a bad situation become even worse. Am I defending Drew's decision to elude the police... absolutely not because he could have killed someone and he should have been properly dealt with in the legal system... but I do think the police dept. took it too far as well and aided in this young man's death. Drew will be missed by all of us. He was one heck of a great guy... he just made a dumb snap decision that ultimately costed him his life. As for the passengers in the car... they are going to be ok. Zach is my neighbor and I went to RMH to see him last night. His left leg is badly broken and he has a titanium rod from his hip to his knee and is undergoing surgery tonight to fuse the bones in his lower leg and foot. He will be unable to walk for at least 3 months... but he should recover pretty well. I think Travis is doing pretty well and should be starting physical therapy once he heals. As for Drew's family... they are devastated. Drew's brother was also killed in a motor vehicle accident last year, so this family has really been thru a lot. So when you say your prayers... throw in an extra one for Drew's family. They really need it.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:12 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Preaching to the choir! The way the legal system looks at it is that he was the root cause of the incident... He spun his tires, which started it all. When he didn't pull over, anything that happened was something he would be held responsible for--even if it was technically something he wasn't even involved in (i.e. an officer crashing his/her car, a pedestrian getting run over, a passenger in his own car being killed, etc). I speak from experience when I say a poor decision made in a split second can be something you will regret for the rest of your life. Personally, I'll literally be paying for mine for quite some time. Thank God things didn't turn out worse though...

There will be people to say they're glad he died and that he's off the streets, but you have to ignore those people. It is very unfortunate that he lost his life over something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It all started over something so miniscule. I really feel bad for his parents now after hearing that they lost another son in a car accident a year ago. That's going to be really hard to deal with! Was Drew their last remaining child?

As for the police backing off... well, I have mixed feelings about that. Yes, there's a point where it's not worth it to continue a chase and continue putting innocent people in a situation of elevated risk, but you can also argue that the world would be much different if there was no element of law and order since all you would have to do is run to get away with anything you did wrong. You know? They didn't know if he was running because he just murdered someone, or if he was running because he was drunk, or if he was simply running because of a suspended license. Personally, I think pursuit policies should be relatively strict when there's no violent crime involved. If it's a speeding ticket or something stupid they were going to nail you with, it's not worth running, nor is it worth chasing someone over. Lesson learned.

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 01-05-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:18 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Not everyone is living paycheck to paycheck if you want to argue it that way... There are plenty of people that just by looking at their bank accounts or the way they live would tell you "what recession?" - trust me, I see those types all the time..

We had a young couple in the dealership Saturday looking at a MB S550 and were told the one they wanted was $103,575 and the wife replied "wow that's cheap, a lot less than I expected, if we order it today how long till it'll get here?"

Hahaha it was funny to hear, I laughed a little.
I knew it was only a matter of time before you chimed in with a "trust me, not everyone is living paycheck to paycheck. I see these people every day" cliche Micah post. I honestly logged in just to see if I was right, and sure enough, I should have bet on it.

We all know not everyone is hurting. The average Joe Schmoe is feeling the squeeze. I'm not sure how this became an argument about the recession though since I was only saying I hope the homeowner had good insurance assuming the driver may not have been insured. That seems like something that would happen to me... I've been in a hit and run/drunk driver accident several years ago and if I didn't have proper coverage I would have just had to deal with a fucked up car thanks to someone elses asshole move.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Preaching to the choir! The way the legal system looks at it is that he was the root cause of the incident... He spun his tires, which started it all. When he didn't pull over, anything that happened was something he would be held responsible for--even if it was technically something he wasn't even involved in (i.e. an officer crashing his/her car, a pedestrian getting run over, a passenger in his own car being killed, etc). I speak from experience when I say a poor decision made in a split second can be something you will regret for the rest of your life. Personally, I'll literally be paying for mine for quite some time. Thank God things didn't turn out worse though...

There will be people to say they're glad he died and that he's off the streets, but you have to ignore those people. It is very unfortunate that he lost his life over something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It all started over something so miniscule. I really feel bad for his parents now after hearing that they lost another son in a car accident a year ago. That's going to be really hard to deal with! Was Drew their last remaining child?

As for the police backing off... well, I have mixed feelings about that. Yes, there's a point where it's not worth it to continue a chase and continue putting innocent people in a situation of elevated risk, but you can also argue that the world would be much different if there was no element of law and order since all you would have to do is run to get away with anything you did wrong. You know? They didn't know if he was running because he just murdered someone, or if he was running because he was drunk, or if he was simply running because of a suspended license. Personally, I think pursuit policies should be relatively strict when there's no violent crime involved. If it's a speeding ticket or something stupid they were going to nail you with, it's not worth running, nor is it worth chasing someone over. Lesson learned.

I see your point about the chase... the whole situation just sucks. Drew really was a good kid... he just acted before he thought. I think he still has a couple more siblings... but his family really has it tough. Their house burned to the ground a couple years ago and they lost everything... then shortly thereafter, his mother battled cancer. She works at Wal-Mart in Bedford, and lets face it, Wal-Mart does not pay their people what they are worth. Personally I would like to raise money to help the Drew's family as well as Zach and Travis because I don't think Drew had car insurance. None of the boys in the car had a license. I know I will hear a lot of negativity because ultimately Drew caused the accident... but no matter what he did... he was still someone's brother, son, grandson, nephew, and friend. I saw the pain in his parent's eyes tonight and it just broke my heart. I could not imagine the pain of losing a child. I really would like to help all 3 families... so with that being said... if anyone is interested in helping out with funeral costs or medical bill for the 3 families involved... PM me on here.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

I knew it was only a matter of time before you chimed in with a "trust me, not everyone is living paycheck to paycheck. I see these people every day" cliche Micah post. I honestly logged in just to see if I was right, and sure enough, I should have bet on it.

We all know not everyone is hurting. The average Joe Schmoe is feeling the squeeze. I'm not sure how this became an argument about the recession though since I was only saying I hope the homeowner had good insurance assuming the driver may not have been insured. That seems like something that would happen to me... I've been in a hit and run/drunk driver accident several years ago and if I didn't have proper coverage I would have just had to deal with a fucked up car thanks to someone elses asshole move.
You really logged on to check that? Find something else to do with your time asshole.

BTW - there are always two sides to the story, i'll almost always chose the other side of whatever someone else posts... I'm just an argumentative prick right? No, I just enjoy running my mouth on here. heh
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

did the tiberon have a body kit and paint that was red. also did he wear glasses?
Old 01-06-2009, 02:09 AM
vaginadriven.com

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
did the tiberon have a body kit and paint that was red. also did he wear glasses?
Yes... thats him.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
Yeah, I saw it that night, it had a kit on it for sure.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:08 PM
aka LV2 TURN

LowSlow93Sol has disabled reputation

Might want to stay off of 581 on the weekends too then
I generally try to avoid interstate alltogether. And I travel 581 after midnight when most of the kiddies have already lost interest in racing.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I did not hear about this, what a shame, I'm sorry hear of all the devastation this family has been through

How old was he?

Quick Reply: Williamson Road Death